Cannot clone Git repository into sourcetree, Login screen keeps appearing

Cannot clone Git repository into sourcetree, Login screen keeps appearing



In BitBucket, when I select clone into source tree, the URL is of format



Sourcetree opens with details to clone, but keeps asking for my login details no matter how many times I enter them.


https://myname@bitbucket.org/mygroup/myrepository.git



I have no problems on a different computer ( also Windows 10 )



I have tried upgrading SourceTree and Reinstalling Source Tree



I have tried System Git and Embedded Git and reinstalling both Git



I can clone Mercurial repositories



At the Dos prompt I can type


git clone https://myname@bitbucket.org/mygroup/myrepository.git



I get a message


fatal: HttpRequestException encountered
An error occurred wihe sending the request



then it asks for my password
then it proceeds with the clone



However in sourcetree the repository shows that there are more branches to pull.
I am unable to pull these branches



When I go to the Tools->Options->Authentication tab I can see myname@bitbucket.org as an Account.



If I try to add myname@mydomain.com.au I get



Authentication failed
Invalid URL: The hostname could not be parsed.





looking at community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/…
– Kirsten Greed
Aug 30 at 2:43





looking at community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/…
– Kirsten Greed
Aug 31 at 10:46




2 Answers
2



Atlassian community



"The only thing that worked for me was navigating to C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataLocalAtlassianSourceTree and removing the passwd file."





You saved my day. Thx, Win 10, st ver 3.0.9
– daremachine
10 hours ago



Had the same problem , but on MacOS. Just for completion of the answer I will add that on MacOS the passwords are stored in the KeyChain Access and they need to be deleted from there.



Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Some of your past answers have not been well-received, and you're in danger of being blocked from answering.



Please pay close attention to the following guidance:



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)