failed to run '/usr/bin/bash': no such file or directory

failed to run '/usr/bin/bash': no such file or directory



I've been using gitbash these past few days and it's working just fine. But a while ago, after install a pdf reader with patch file, when I opened my gitbash it gave me the error which says "Failed to run '/usr/bin/bash': No such file or directory". I don't know what happened and why, but I think the patch file of the application that I installed has something to do with it. My pc antivirus prompted a warning, and I took actions. Then the trouble in the gitbash happened. Please help me, I don't want to reinstall gitbash again coz I also have to install some things.





I assume you still have /usr and /usr/bin, it's just /usr/bin/bash that has been deleted? Do you still have /bin/bash? They are (AFAICS) the same file in my git bash, so you could copy or link /bin/bash to /usr/bin/bash to get it back?
– Rup
Jun 12 at 14:52





And why have you tagged this reactjs? I can't see how it is related to that.
– Rup
Jun 12 at 14:53





nope, I don't have the bash anymore when I checked it. How can I have it back? sorry for tagging react, I don't know what else to tag. sorry.
– izee
Jun 12 at 14:55





Oh I see..so I'll just copy the bash from bin to user/bin?
– izee
Jun 12 at 14:56





If it's there I expect that would work, yes. If that's been deleted too then I expect you'll have to reinstall sorry. But the reinstall should just overwrite the git installation, and shouldn't break any configuration you've set up - unless you've customised the installed version of git it ought not cause you any problems.
– Rup
Jun 12 at 14:59




2 Answers
2



to resolve this issue simply reinstall git.



Try 'echo $PATH' in CygWin Terminal to get the PATH it must written something like



/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdrive/c/Windows:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell/v1.0:/cygdrive/c/Program
Files/TortoiseHg:/home



Depending on the Chroot in you sshd_config it looks for the /bin/bash file



you will have three options



ref



Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Some of your past answers have not been well-received, and you're in danger of being blocked from answering.



Please pay close attention to the following guidance:



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown




By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)