Enabling intel virtualization (VT-X) without option in BIOS
Enabling intel virtualization (VT-X) without option in BIOS
Sorry if the question is already answered, but I haven't found answer for my particular situation, that is a little different.
I'm installing all the tools necessary for android programming. I have created an android virtual device, but the problem come installing intel hardware acceleration (HAXM), the installer say to me I need activate VT-x and it seems that this tool only can be activated in BIOS, but my BIOS is InsydeH20 rev 3.5 and the option doesn't appear anywhere.
What can I do? How can I activate VT-x without BIOS?
My processor is intel i7 2630qm, I have check in the intel page if my processor is compatible with VT-x and yes it is.
Thank you very much!!
2 Answers
2
You can run some bcedit commands from the command line to set ND Bit and VT
bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOn
Also do the install from https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-hardware-accelerated-execution-manager
If you're using Avast, disable "Enable hardware-assisted virtualization" under: Settings > Troubleshooting. Restart the PC and try to run the HAXM installation again
(instead of using the one downloaded through
worked for x64 Support in VirtualBox. Thanks.
– Florian Lagg
Sep 16 '15 at 18:15
I looked and looked in the BIOS but couldn't find a virtualization entry, so then I searched and read for many hours, finally finding this post.
The other answer didn't work for me so just before posting a comment (that I figured would not be seen for a year or two) I booted into my BIOS once more and thought, since I also have InsydeH20, I would confirm that there is no entry there. Low and behold I had overlooked the tiny menu bar at the top. Under the 3rd option (System Configuration) I finally stumbled on the entry I was looking for:
virtualization <disabled>
After changing that to enabled and rebooting I was finally able to see the 64-bit options in VirtualBox.
My computer:
I should note, virtualization still shows disabled in the performance tab of the task manager, but Virtualbox works just fine.
For me under Rev 5.0 of InsydeH20 it was under the "Configuration" tab and the option was named "Intel Virtual Technology"
– tylerlindell
Feb 20 '18 at 15:41
Most of motherboards has enabled VT-x support by default even this options not in bios. I have simmilar problem. Main point was that I have antivirus that use virtualization for sandbox(Avast anti virus). SO I delete avast, install HAXM and after that install avast again. All work. Try to find what software use virtualization on your computer
– Beyka
Jul 23 '15 at 8:29