Revrebuseserse!

Revrebuseserse!



Inspired by this rebus puzzle and this Riley puzzle, I went out to look for some more rebuses online (backward ones, at least)... and that's when I found the following rebus puzzle. This is not mine, but I will credit the source once I have ticked the answer.



Rebuses in Reverse



We've all seen a rebus like "midstuckdle" (stuck in the middle). The following clues are "revrebuseserse" (rebuses in reverse). That is, the clues below are answers to rebuses which all use the "in" construction.



However, the original rebus from the clues below will actually form a word. For example, "Not old in actually existing" would be "renewal" (new in real). Can you solve the rest?



If you've seen this puzzle before, lucky you!



Edit:



Here is the source.



You better not look at the answers and then post an answer here pretending it is your own effort.





Yeah, I saw after the fact, sorry.
– Joe-You-Know
Aug 29 at 14:43





@Joe-You-Know hahah, no worries. I'm not that smart :P
– user477343
Aug 29 at 14:43




2 Answers
2



Hmm...



A female relative in quickly departed the scene



AUNT in FLED -> FLAUNTED



Not off in a length of time



ON in HOUR -> HONOUR



Fluid for writing in a part of a plane



INK in WING -> WINKING



A light at night in wet dirt



STAR in MUD -> MUSTARD



To talk in a soft, loving voice in a confidence trick



COO in CON -> COCOON



To separate in a legal document



PART in DEED -> DEPARTED





Yup; yup; yup! Good job! :D Edit: All of 'em are correct! Well done!
– user477343
Aug 29 at 14:45






Sometimes, I wonder if you're part of the NSA El-Guest, because you solve these so quickly...
– Joe-You-Know
Aug 29 at 14:49





@Joe-You-Know the tinfoil hats that I wear help me focus my brainpower, that's all ;P
– El-Guest
Aug 29 at 14:50





@Joe-You-Know hahah, glad I'm not the only one who thought that...
– user477343
Aug 29 at 14:52





Usually I wait a little while before I give a tick, but you answered this so quickly, what am I waiting for? Congratulations! $colorgreencheckmark$
– user477343
Aug 29 at 14:54




Here's my attempt at this,



A light at night in wet dirt



Mustard





Yup, that is correct! Nice work! :D
– user477343
Aug 29 at 14:51




Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)