What accurate offline GPS apps are there for the whole island of Cyprus?



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;







up vote
3
down vote

favorite












I'm going to the island of Cyprus in June and will rent a car at Ercan airport which won't have GPS navigation (the chosen company is literally the only option for me for specific reasons).



While I'll be based in North Cyprus, I will also visit EU Cyprus.



I was told by the rental company I can download apps for GPS navigation - fortunately my mother, who has a tablet, is travelling with me.



Do you know any accurate offline app that works in both countries on the island?



I want it to show all routes that can be taken, whilst excluding those that can't, such as the small roads between the two north-south roads shown below.



enter image description here







share|improve this question






















  • There are basically two offline options these days - Google Maps and Openstreetmap based apps. Can you clarify what "accurate" means?
    – JonathanReez♦
    Mar 26 at 16:39






  • 1




    @JonathanReez Showing the roads that can be taken whilst not showing roads that can't (like Google Maps does, at least in regards to border crossings - the suggested route from Larnaca to Ercan airport cannot actually be taken by civilians)
    – Coke
    Mar 26 at 16:41











  • So maybe add an example route that Google Maps displays incorrectly to your post?
    – JonathanReez♦
    Mar 26 at 16:42






  • 1




    @JonathanReez When I try google maps betweeen Larnaca and Ercan airport, it display a route that goes through Akincilar, there is not border crossing there. I think this is what Coke refers to.
    – Max
    Mar 26 at 18:24






  • 1




    >closed to civilians Do you mean military bases? AFAIK you can drive the roads inside military bases, but you shouldn't stop there or buy anything.
    – Alexander Dmitriev
    May 7 at 9:08
















up vote
3
down vote

favorite












I'm going to the island of Cyprus in June and will rent a car at Ercan airport which won't have GPS navigation (the chosen company is literally the only option for me for specific reasons).



While I'll be based in North Cyprus, I will also visit EU Cyprus.



I was told by the rental company I can download apps for GPS navigation - fortunately my mother, who has a tablet, is travelling with me.



Do you know any accurate offline app that works in both countries on the island?



I want it to show all routes that can be taken, whilst excluding those that can't, such as the small roads between the two north-south roads shown below.



enter image description here







share|improve this question






















  • There are basically two offline options these days - Google Maps and Openstreetmap based apps. Can you clarify what "accurate" means?
    – JonathanReez♦
    Mar 26 at 16:39






  • 1




    @JonathanReez Showing the roads that can be taken whilst not showing roads that can't (like Google Maps does, at least in regards to border crossings - the suggested route from Larnaca to Ercan airport cannot actually be taken by civilians)
    – Coke
    Mar 26 at 16:41











  • So maybe add an example route that Google Maps displays incorrectly to your post?
    – JonathanReez♦
    Mar 26 at 16:42






  • 1




    @JonathanReez When I try google maps betweeen Larnaca and Ercan airport, it display a route that goes through Akincilar, there is not border crossing there. I think this is what Coke refers to.
    – Max
    Mar 26 at 18:24






  • 1




    >closed to civilians Do you mean military bases? AFAIK you can drive the roads inside military bases, but you shouldn't stop there or buy anything.
    – Alexander Dmitriev
    May 7 at 9:08












up vote
3
down vote

favorite









up vote
3
down vote

favorite











I'm going to the island of Cyprus in June and will rent a car at Ercan airport which won't have GPS navigation (the chosen company is literally the only option for me for specific reasons).



While I'll be based in North Cyprus, I will also visit EU Cyprus.



I was told by the rental company I can download apps for GPS navigation - fortunately my mother, who has a tablet, is travelling with me.



Do you know any accurate offline app that works in both countries on the island?



I want it to show all routes that can be taken, whilst excluding those that can't, such as the small roads between the two north-south roads shown below.



enter image description here







share|improve this question














I'm going to the island of Cyprus in June and will rent a car at Ercan airport which won't have GPS navigation (the chosen company is literally the only option for me for specific reasons).



While I'll be based in North Cyprus, I will also visit EU Cyprus.



I was told by the rental company I can download apps for GPS navigation - fortunately my mother, who has a tablet, is travelling with me.



Do you know any accurate offline app that works in both countries on the island?



I want it to show all routes that can be taken, whilst excluding those that can't, such as the small roads between the two north-south roads shown below.



enter image description here









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Jul 4 at 2:52









Mark Mayo♦

128k745511263




128k745511263










asked Mar 26 at 15:48









Coke

48.6k789214




48.6k789214











  • There are basically two offline options these days - Google Maps and Openstreetmap based apps. Can you clarify what "accurate" means?
    – JonathanReez♦
    Mar 26 at 16:39






  • 1




    @JonathanReez Showing the roads that can be taken whilst not showing roads that can't (like Google Maps does, at least in regards to border crossings - the suggested route from Larnaca to Ercan airport cannot actually be taken by civilians)
    – Coke
    Mar 26 at 16:41











  • So maybe add an example route that Google Maps displays incorrectly to your post?
    – JonathanReez♦
    Mar 26 at 16:42






  • 1




    @JonathanReez When I try google maps betweeen Larnaca and Ercan airport, it display a route that goes through Akincilar, there is not border crossing there. I think this is what Coke refers to.
    – Max
    Mar 26 at 18:24






  • 1




    >closed to civilians Do you mean military bases? AFAIK you can drive the roads inside military bases, but you shouldn't stop there or buy anything.
    – Alexander Dmitriev
    May 7 at 9:08
















  • There are basically two offline options these days - Google Maps and Openstreetmap based apps. Can you clarify what "accurate" means?
    – JonathanReez♦
    Mar 26 at 16:39






  • 1




    @JonathanReez Showing the roads that can be taken whilst not showing roads that can't (like Google Maps does, at least in regards to border crossings - the suggested route from Larnaca to Ercan airport cannot actually be taken by civilians)
    – Coke
    Mar 26 at 16:41











  • So maybe add an example route that Google Maps displays incorrectly to your post?
    – JonathanReez♦
    Mar 26 at 16:42






  • 1




    @JonathanReez When I try google maps betweeen Larnaca and Ercan airport, it display a route that goes through Akincilar, there is not border crossing there. I think this is what Coke refers to.
    – Max
    Mar 26 at 18:24






  • 1




    >closed to civilians Do you mean military bases? AFAIK you can drive the roads inside military bases, but you shouldn't stop there or buy anything.
    – Alexander Dmitriev
    May 7 at 9:08















There are basically two offline options these days - Google Maps and Openstreetmap based apps. Can you clarify what "accurate" means?
– JonathanReez♦
Mar 26 at 16:39




There are basically two offline options these days - Google Maps and Openstreetmap based apps. Can you clarify what "accurate" means?
– JonathanReez♦
Mar 26 at 16:39




1




1




@JonathanReez Showing the roads that can be taken whilst not showing roads that can't (like Google Maps does, at least in regards to border crossings - the suggested route from Larnaca to Ercan airport cannot actually be taken by civilians)
– Coke
Mar 26 at 16:41





@JonathanReez Showing the roads that can be taken whilst not showing roads that can't (like Google Maps does, at least in regards to border crossings - the suggested route from Larnaca to Ercan airport cannot actually be taken by civilians)
– Coke
Mar 26 at 16:41













So maybe add an example route that Google Maps displays incorrectly to your post?
– JonathanReez♦
Mar 26 at 16:42




So maybe add an example route that Google Maps displays incorrectly to your post?
– JonathanReez♦
Mar 26 at 16:42




1




1




@JonathanReez When I try google maps betweeen Larnaca and Ercan airport, it display a route that goes through Akincilar, there is not border crossing there. I think this is what Coke refers to.
– Max
Mar 26 at 18:24




@JonathanReez When I try google maps betweeen Larnaca and Ercan airport, it display a route that goes through Akincilar, there is not border crossing there. I think this is what Coke refers to.
– Max
Mar 26 at 18:24




1




1




>closed to civilians Do you mean military bases? AFAIK you can drive the roads inside military bases, but you shouldn't stop there or buy anything.
– Alexander Dmitriev
May 7 at 9:08




>closed to civilians Do you mean military bases? AFAIK you can drive the roads inside military bases, but you shouldn't stop there or buy anything.
– Alexander Dmitriev
May 7 at 9:08










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
1
down vote













Went for Google Maps offline, although ended up rarely needing it (as I'm generally good at orientation)






share|improve this answer
















  • 2




    I hope that you haven't asked and answered your own question just to tell us that you are good at orientation? :)
    – Edmund Dantes
    Jul 4 at 11:56






  • 1




    @EdmundDantes No, but to tell what I ended up downloading
    – Coke
    Jul 4 at 19:33










Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "273"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);













 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f111907%2fwhat-accurate-offline-gps-apps-are-there-for-the-whole-island-of-cyprus%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest






























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
1
down vote













Went for Google Maps offline, although ended up rarely needing it (as I'm generally good at orientation)






share|improve this answer
















  • 2




    I hope that you haven't asked and answered your own question just to tell us that you are good at orientation? :)
    – Edmund Dantes
    Jul 4 at 11:56






  • 1




    @EdmundDantes No, but to tell what I ended up downloading
    – Coke
    Jul 4 at 19:33














up vote
1
down vote













Went for Google Maps offline, although ended up rarely needing it (as I'm generally good at orientation)






share|improve this answer
















  • 2




    I hope that you haven't asked and answered your own question just to tell us that you are good at orientation? :)
    – Edmund Dantes
    Jul 4 at 11:56






  • 1




    @EdmundDantes No, but to tell what I ended up downloading
    – Coke
    Jul 4 at 19:33












up vote
1
down vote










up vote
1
down vote









Went for Google Maps offline, although ended up rarely needing it (as I'm generally good at orientation)






share|improve this answer












Went for Google Maps offline, although ended up rarely needing it (as I'm generally good at orientation)







share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered Jul 4 at 10:03









Coke

48.6k789214




48.6k789214







  • 2




    I hope that you haven't asked and answered your own question just to tell us that you are good at orientation? :)
    – Edmund Dantes
    Jul 4 at 11:56






  • 1




    @EdmundDantes No, but to tell what I ended up downloading
    – Coke
    Jul 4 at 19:33












  • 2




    I hope that you haven't asked and answered your own question just to tell us that you are good at orientation? :)
    – Edmund Dantes
    Jul 4 at 11:56






  • 1




    @EdmundDantes No, but to tell what I ended up downloading
    – Coke
    Jul 4 at 19:33







2




2




I hope that you haven't asked and answered your own question just to tell us that you are good at orientation? :)
– Edmund Dantes
Jul 4 at 11:56




I hope that you haven't asked and answered your own question just to tell us that you are good at orientation? :)
– Edmund Dantes
Jul 4 at 11:56




1




1




@EdmundDantes No, but to tell what I ended up downloading
– Coke
Jul 4 at 19:33




@EdmundDantes No, but to tell what I ended up downloading
– Coke
Jul 4 at 19:33

















 

draft saved


draft discarded















































 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f111907%2fwhat-accurate-offline-gps-apps-are-there-for-the-whole-island-of-cyprus%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest














































































Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

PHP code is not being executed, instead code shows on the page

Administrative divisions of China