Exiting and re-entering the USA after change of status to F-1 [closed]










0















I entered the USA on a B1/B2 (visitor) visa in 2014, but have changed status to an F1 (student) visa since then. I'm legally maintaining my student status by attending classes in language school (English). This is not a university program and I speak English well.



I want to stay in the US as I'm preparing for certain licensing tests in the medical field. What is the procedure to exit and re-enter? My F1 is not stamped on my passport. Will I have to go to my home country and apply for a new F1 visa to re-enter the US?










share|improve this question















closed as off-topic by Michael Hampton, pnuts, JS Lavertu, Karlson, Crazydre Oct 4 '16 at 5:36


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Questions about immigration or moving for extended periods of time (studies or employment, among others) are off-topic. Our sister site, Expatriates Stack Exchange might be a better place to ask. See also the meta post Is it OK to ask questions about immigration?." – Michael Hampton, pnuts, JS Lavertu, Karlson, Crazydre
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.











  • 1





    You will need an F-1 visa. Whether you need to get it in your home country or not, I don't know. Maybe you can get it in whichever other place you want to travel to.

    – phoog
    Oct 4 '16 at 3:25











  • Have you discussed your travel plans with your DSO (designated school official)?

    – Patricia Shanahan
    Oct 4 '16 at 3:38















0















I entered the USA on a B1/B2 (visitor) visa in 2014, but have changed status to an F1 (student) visa since then. I'm legally maintaining my student status by attending classes in language school (English). This is not a university program and I speak English well.



I want to stay in the US as I'm preparing for certain licensing tests in the medical field. What is the procedure to exit and re-enter? My F1 is not stamped on my passport. Will I have to go to my home country and apply for a new F1 visa to re-enter the US?










share|improve this question















closed as off-topic by Michael Hampton, pnuts, JS Lavertu, Karlson, Crazydre Oct 4 '16 at 5:36


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Questions about immigration or moving for extended periods of time (studies or employment, among others) are off-topic. Our sister site, Expatriates Stack Exchange might be a better place to ask. See also the meta post Is it OK to ask questions about immigration?." – Michael Hampton, pnuts, JS Lavertu, Karlson, Crazydre
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.











  • 1





    You will need an F-1 visa. Whether you need to get it in your home country or not, I don't know. Maybe you can get it in whichever other place you want to travel to.

    – phoog
    Oct 4 '16 at 3:25











  • Have you discussed your travel plans with your DSO (designated school official)?

    – Patricia Shanahan
    Oct 4 '16 at 3:38













0












0








0








I entered the USA on a B1/B2 (visitor) visa in 2014, but have changed status to an F1 (student) visa since then. I'm legally maintaining my student status by attending classes in language school (English). This is not a university program and I speak English well.



I want to stay in the US as I'm preparing for certain licensing tests in the medical field. What is the procedure to exit and re-enter? My F1 is not stamped on my passport. Will I have to go to my home country and apply for a new F1 visa to re-enter the US?










share|improve this question
















I entered the USA on a B1/B2 (visitor) visa in 2014, but have changed status to an F1 (student) visa since then. I'm legally maintaining my student status by attending classes in language school (English). This is not a university program and I speak English well.



I want to stay in the US as I'm preparing for certain licensing tests in the medical field. What is the procedure to exit and re-enter? My F1 is not stamped on my passport. Will I have to go to my home country and apply for a new F1 visa to re-enter the US?







visas usa f1-visas






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Oct 4 '16 at 3:05









Zach Lipton

60.2k10184243




60.2k10184243










asked Oct 4 '16 at 2:58









TeejayTeejay

6




6




closed as off-topic by Michael Hampton, pnuts, JS Lavertu, Karlson, Crazydre Oct 4 '16 at 5:36


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Questions about immigration or moving for extended periods of time (studies or employment, among others) are off-topic. Our sister site, Expatriates Stack Exchange might be a better place to ask. See also the meta post Is it OK to ask questions about immigration?." – Michael Hampton, pnuts, JS Lavertu, Karlson, Crazydre
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.







closed as off-topic by Michael Hampton, pnuts, JS Lavertu, Karlson, Crazydre Oct 4 '16 at 5:36


This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:


  • "Questions about immigration or moving for extended periods of time (studies or employment, among others) are off-topic. Our sister site, Expatriates Stack Exchange might be a better place to ask. See also the meta post Is it OK to ask questions about immigration?." – Michael Hampton, pnuts, JS Lavertu, Karlson, Crazydre
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.







  • 1





    You will need an F-1 visa. Whether you need to get it in your home country or not, I don't know. Maybe you can get it in whichever other place you want to travel to.

    – phoog
    Oct 4 '16 at 3:25











  • Have you discussed your travel plans with your DSO (designated school official)?

    – Patricia Shanahan
    Oct 4 '16 at 3:38












  • 1





    You will need an F-1 visa. Whether you need to get it in your home country or not, I don't know. Maybe you can get it in whichever other place you want to travel to.

    – phoog
    Oct 4 '16 at 3:25











  • Have you discussed your travel plans with your DSO (designated school official)?

    – Patricia Shanahan
    Oct 4 '16 at 3:38







1




1





You will need an F-1 visa. Whether you need to get it in your home country or not, I don't know. Maybe you can get it in whichever other place you want to travel to.

– phoog
Oct 4 '16 at 3:25





You will need an F-1 visa. Whether you need to get it in your home country or not, I don't know. Maybe you can get it in whichever other place you want to travel to.

– phoog
Oct 4 '16 at 3:25













Have you discussed your travel plans with your DSO (designated school official)?

– Patricia Shanahan
Oct 4 '16 at 3:38





Have you discussed your travel plans with your DSO (designated school official)?

– Patricia Shanahan
Oct 4 '16 at 3:38










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















2














If you only travel to Canada or Mexico or Caribbean islands for less than 30 days, you can re-enter as F-1 status using Automatic Revalidation and won't need an F-1 visa.



For any further travel, if you want to re-enter as F-1 status, you will need an F-1 visa. Since you don't already have an F-1 visa, you will need to apply for the visa at some US consulate. This consulate doesn't necessarily need to be in your home country -- you can try to apply for a visa at any US consulate, but the chances of success will likely be best in your home country.






share|improve this answer





























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    2














    If you only travel to Canada or Mexico or Caribbean islands for less than 30 days, you can re-enter as F-1 status using Automatic Revalidation and won't need an F-1 visa.



    For any further travel, if you want to re-enter as F-1 status, you will need an F-1 visa. Since you don't already have an F-1 visa, you will need to apply for the visa at some US consulate. This consulate doesn't necessarily need to be in your home country -- you can try to apply for a visa at any US consulate, but the chances of success will likely be best in your home country.






    share|improve this answer



























      2














      If you only travel to Canada or Mexico or Caribbean islands for less than 30 days, you can re-enter as F-1 status using Automatic Revalidation and won't need an F-1 visa.



      For any further travel, if you want to re-enter as F-1 status, you will need an F-1 visa. Since you don't already have an F-1 visa, you will need to apply for the visa at some US consulate. This consulate doesn't necessarily need to be in your home country -- you can try to apply for a visa at any US consulate, but the chances of success will likely be best in your home country.






      share|improve this answer

























        2












        2








        2







        If you only travel to Canada or Mexico or Caribbean islands for less than 30 days, you can re-enter as F-1 status using Automatic Revalidation and won't need an F-1 visa.



        For any further travel, if you want to re-enter as F-1 status, you will need an F-1 visa. Since you don't already have an F-1 visa, you will need to apply for the visa at some US consulate. This consulate doesn't necessarily need to be in your home country -- you can try to apply for a visa at any US consulate, but the chances of success will likely be best in your home country.






        share|improve this answer













        If you only travel to Canada or Mexico or Caribbean islands for less than 30 days, you can re-enter as F-1 status using Automatic Revalidation and won't need an F-1 visa.



        For any further travel, if you want to re-enter as F-1 status, you will need an F-1 visa. Since you don't already have an F-1 visa, you will need to apply for the visa at some US consulate. This consulate doesn't necessarily need to be in your home country -- you can try to apply for a visa at any US consulate, but the chances of success will likely be best in your home country.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Oct 4 '16 at 5:33









        user102008user102008

        11.1k12251




        11.1k12251













            Popular posts from this blog

            𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

            PHP code is not being executed, instead code shows on the page

            Administrative divisions of China