How do I decrease padding in the bookmarks bar on Chrome v68?

How do I decrease padding in the bookmarks bar on Chrome v68?



It seems that with Chrome v68 which came out this week, the padding on my bookmarks bar has been increased, and has subsequently caused me to have fewer bookmarks available on the bar. I try to keep short descriptions on each one of my buttons (the first two are the Jira Plan and Jira Work pages) so I can fit more on the screen.



Is there any startup flag in Chrome that allows me to set this padding, or a flag that I can disable?




4 Answers
4



Not sure it can be changed:



A refined look for the bookmarks bar



The material design on the bookmarks page and extensions page can't be turned off any more using flags. Also, the bookmarks bar is now touch friendly. It takes up more space by having padding around the icons and text.



One potential solution would be to use bookmarks bar folders to group related sites (i.e. a folder for Jira, DT, etc.) Simply right click on the bookmarks bar to create a folder which you can then setup to contain your desired links using the bookmark manager. Hope this helps!



I have the same issue. This is awful. I have quite a few bookmarks on my bookmarks bar, all without titles. With Chrome 67, I had space for 2 or 3 more. With Chrome 68, the entire bookmarks bar is filled, and I have 8 bookmarks in the overflow area.



There is no simple solution so far. Report the issue to the google team. maybe they will listen if more people will complain. A more complicated solution: to develop an extension with functionality of Chrome Bookmark Manager but with normal spacing option. I'm not 100% sure if that is possible with Chrome though.



How to report an issue in Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95315?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en





An explanation how to report the issue would be a great addition to the answer.
– Baptiste Mille-Mathias
Sep 1 at 10:07



Someone must have been listening, this magically appears to be fixed in Chrome v68.0.3440.84 !



Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Some of your past answers have not been well-received, and you're in danger of being blocked from answering.



Please pay close attention to the following guidance:



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown




By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)