What, you're just going to wait for the answer?

What, you're just going to wait for the answer?



My first Riley; please be gentle.



My Prefix you must pass if you want to get rich



My Infix is a base, movable or in place



My Suffix is a plant, a stand, a time.



My whole will probably never come



What am I?





$begingroup$
user477343 is quite the altruist! :D You must have earned that badge several times over, friend!
$endgroup$
– El-Guest
Sep 21 '18 at 1:53





$begingroup$
@El-Guest There's a badge for this? xD never knew, hahah :P
$endgroup$
– user477343
Sep 22 '18 at 11:36




4 Answers
4



Are you



waiting for GODOT?



My Prefix you must pass if you want to get rich



As others have stated, this is GO.



My Infix is a base, movable or in place



A fixed or movable ODOmeter? Could also be DO, the fixed or movable base of the solfège scale.



My Suffix is a plant, a stand, a time.



T(ea) plant, T(ea) stand, T(ea) time.



My whole will probably never come



Godot never does show up!





$begingroup$
You got it! Although I had something else in mind for the infix. Basically, take PerpetualJ's reasoning for her infix and apply it to the actual infix, and it'll make sense
$endgroup$
– Luke C. J. Currie
Sep 18 '18 at 18:43





$begingroup$
@El-Guest, what timezone do you live in??? I see some answer of yours no matter what time of the day it is!
$endgroup$
– nikki
Sep 18 '18 at 18:45






$begingroup$
@nikki Toronto, EDT currently (I think GMT -0400?)
$endgroup$
– El-Guest
Sep 18 '18 at 18:46





$begingroup$
That was rhetorical, but thanks for the answer :P
$endgroup$
– nikki
Sep 18 '18 at 18:48





$begingroup$
Haha! The challenge is to beat you when your are up! :P
$endgroup$
– nikki
Sep 18 '18 at 18:54



Partial answer:



So far i have:



GORV



My Prefix you must pass if you want to get rich



GO, you gotta pass it if you want 200$



My Infix is a base, movable or in place



RV, or a recreational vehicle, is a sort of a "base" that can move or be stationary. Or if this is incorrect, the infix is clearly this multifunctional movable base



My Suffix is a plant, a stand, a time.



Unsure



My whole will probably never come



Also unsure





$begingroup$
One of your answers is correct!
$endgroup$
– Luke C. J. Currie
Sep 18 '18 at 17:50





$begingroup$
Nice. Also, thanks for bumping me up over 1000 rep
$endgroup$
– Cubemaster
Sep 18 '18 at 17:51



@Cubemaster has already discovered the prefix, and I believe the answer could be:



My prefix you must pass if you want to get rich.



go: In Monopoly the board game, you have to pass GO to get $200.



My infix is a base, movable or in place.



Could be the letter a; it begins the alphabet (therefore it is the base), and it is present in base, movable, and place.



My suffix is a plant, a stand, a time.



I think this is most likely t as the letter is contained in all three; plant, stand, and time.



My whole will probably never come.



A goat will probably never come.





$begingroup$
You got another answer! (But for reasons I didn't intend) The answers don't have anything to do with letter overlap across words.
$endgroup$
– Luke C. J. Currie
Sep 18 '18 at 18:22



Unfinished answer:



My Prefix you must pass if you want to get rich



GO field from Monopoly, as others stated



My Infix is a base, movable or in place



unsure



My Suffix is a plant, a stand, a time.



Tree (tree as a plant or wooden support, and three as a time)



My whole will probably never come



Go...tree - what I have so far. I Have a feeling that I don't know the word in question :) A name Godfrey comes to mind.



UPD: Oops, it's already done and dusted.



Thanks for contributing an answer to Puzzling Stack Exchange!



But avoid



Use MathJax to format equations. MathJax reference.



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown




By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)