Setting up Fitbit api in xcode Swift

Setting up Fitbit api in xcode Swift



I am trying to setup the Fitbit api from dev.fitbit.com
The first part is to register an application and I am stuck in this part already:



enter image description here



For example: I have no clue what I have to fill in for the callback url. (I have never done that before using an api) Also the access type or the application type is for me very confusing.



the callback url:



enter image description here



I would really appreciate any help with setting up this api in xcode in the language Swift.



Thanks.



Kevin.






Hey @KevinVugts can you share your code/steps with me please ? because i am also stuck after registration and have no idea what to do next

– Umair Afzal
May 30 '16 at 6:41




2 Answers
2



It may be helpful for you-



enter image description here



You can use callback url as https://www.google.com/ for testing purpose.
If you are designing app for a particular Organisation than put that organisation url - Example-
http://www.fortishealthcare.com






Thank you very much. So in case I don't need the callback url I just fill in the google.com ?

– user5000215
May 19 '16 at 10:29






Why should I use client and not the personal oAuth application type? @Mohd Saleem

– user5000215
May 19 '16 at 10:29






yes @Kevin you can use google.com for testing purpose

– Swift Developer
May 19 '16 at 10:44






And OAuth Application type is required to know for which purpose do you want to use , So you can select for your personal use as Personal

– Swift Developer
May 19 '16 at 10:47






Thank you for your quick response. Do you know how I can do a request. For example I want to read the amount of steps I took each day. How can I request this? What do I need to set up.

– user5000215
May 19 '16 at 12:53



Callback URL is the URL scheme which is used to redirect the user back to the application from the browser after getting logged in.



Callback URL can be any string or name of the app in the following format
"demoapp://something"



enter image description here



In project target Info, put the name of the app or the prefix of "://" from Callback URL in URL scheme here



enter image description here






Hi, Have you implemented logout features? Mean how can we do logout Fitbit user and When click on login button ask for login again.. I know about revoke access token by api.fitbit.com/oauth2/revoke but by calling revoke token api not asking login again.

– Govaadiyo
Sep 20 '18 at 12:12



Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown




By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)