I got this error when I publish my gem: “Could not find gem 'uix_validations (~> 0.5.0)' in any of the gem sources listed in your Gemfile.”

I got this error when I publish my gem: “Could not find gem 'uix_validations (~> 0.5.0)' in any of the gem sources listed in your Gemfile.”



I just publish my gem at rubygems.org, here is the link. Everything looks nice.



But when I try to add to a project with gem 'uix_validations', '~> 0.5.0', I got this error at bundle install:


gem 'uix_validations', '~> 0.5.0'


Could not find gem 'uix_validations (~> 0.5.0)' in any of the gem sources listed
in your Gemfile



And I have no idea how to fix this.



I published using this steps:


gem build uix_validations.gemspec



This generate a file: uix_validations-0.5.0.gem


uix_validations-0.5.0.gem



And to publish:


gem push uix_validations-0.5.0.gem




2 Answers
2



I got the answer here: github rubygems



"Your gem has been published but you need to wait for RubyGems.org to refresh it's cache. It should only take a short while."



by: colby-swandale



You probably don't have a correct source in your Gemfile.



Before you specify the gem you should defined the source for rubygems. This is often done in the first row.



Example


source 'https://rubygems.org'

gem 'uix_validations'






Actually I have, the source at Gemfile is correct

– Lucas Andrade
Sep 16 '18 at 20:36






@LucasAndrade could you include the content of your gemfile in your question?

– aross
Sep 16 '18 at 20:54



Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown




By clicking "Post Your Answer", you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)