Filling a UK landing card for sleeping in airport for transit
.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;
I am flying into an UK airport at night and planned to sleep in the airport for the early flight out of UK in the next morning. My passport allow me to have visa free visit to UK and I have been in UK for a few times.
The flights into and out of UK are operated by two different airlines, so I have to get through the immigration at night and check-in the next morning.
I know that I will need to fill in a landing card upon my arrival in UK. There is a field called 'Contact Address in UK', how should I fill in this field in the form? Did anyone have encounter this situation before and know if there is more extra work need to be done at the immigration?
uk transit customs-and-immigration
add a comment |
I am flying into an UK airport at night and planned to sleep in the airport for the early flight out of UK in the next morning. My passport allow me to have visa free visit to UK and I have been in UK for a few times.
The flights into and out of UK are operated by two different airlines, so I have to get through the immigration at night and check-in the next morning.
I know that I will need to fill in a landing card upon my arrival in UK. There is a field called 'Contact Address in UK', how should I fill in this field in the form? Did anyone have encounter this situation before and know if there is more extra work need to be done at the immigration?
uk transit customs-and-immigration
Are you planning to actually enter the UK or just stay airside for the night?
– user13044
Mar 20 '16 at 4:33
The flight into And out of UK are operated by two different airlines, so I have to get through the immigration at night and check-in the next morning
– Edison
Mar 20 '16 at 8:15
add a comment |
I am flying into an UK airport at night and planned to sleep in the airport for the early flight out of UK in the next morning. My passport allow me to have visa free visit to UK and I have been in UK for a few times.
The flights into and out of UK are operated by two different airlines, so I have to get through the immigration at night and check-in the next morning.
I know that I will need to fill in a landing card upon my arrival in UK. There is a field called 'Contact Address in UK', how should I fill in this field in the form? Did anyone have encounter this situation before and know if there is more extra work need to be done at the immigration?
uk transit customs-and-immigration
I am flying into an UK airport at night and planned to sleep in the airport for the early flight out of UK in the next morning. My passport allow me to have visa free visit to UK and I have been in UK for a few times.
The flights into and out of UK are operated by two different airlines, so I have to get through the immigration at night and check-in the next morning.
I know that I will need to fill in a landing card upon my arrival in UK. There is a field called 'Contact Address in UK', how should I fill in this field in the form? Did anyone have encounter this situation before and know if there is more extra work need to be done at the immigration?
uk transit customs-and-immigration
uk transit customs-and-immigration
edited Mar 20 '16 at 16:46
CompuChip
523414
523414
asked Mar 20 '16 at 3:55
EdisonEdison
96121024
96121024
Are you planning to actually enter the UK or just stay airside for the night?
– user13044
Mar 20 '16 at 4:33
The flight into And out of UK are operated by two different airlines, so I have to get through the immigration at night and check-in the next morning
– Edison
Mar 20 '16 at 8:15
add a comment |
Are you planning to actually enter the UK or just stay airside for the night?
– user13044
Mar 20 '16 at 4:33
The flight into And out of UK are operated by two different airlines, so I have to get through the immigration at night and check-in the next morning
– Edison
Mar 20 '16 at 8:15
Are you planning to actually enter the UK or just stay airside for the night?
– user13044
Mar 20 '16 at 4:33
Are you planning to actually enter the UK or just stay airside for the night?
– user13044
Mar 20 '16 at 4:33
The flight into And out of UK are operated by two different airlines, so I have to get through the immigration at night and check-in the next morning
– Edison
Mar 20 '16 at 8:15
The flight into And out of UK are operated by two different airlines, so I have to get through the immigration at night and check-in the next morning
– Edison
Mar 20 '16 at 8:15
add a comment |
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
You will only need to fill in a landing card if you intend to actually go through immigration, which may or may not be required depending on which terminal you are landing in and departing from.
However if you do need to fill in a landing card, then you should put 'In Transit' in the address field of the card.
add a comment |
Your Answer
StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "273"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);
else
createEditor();
);
function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);
);
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f65423%2ffilling-a-uk-landing-card-for-sleeping-in-airport-for-transit%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
You will only need to fill in a landing card if you intend to actually go through immigration, which may or may not be required depending on which terminal you are landing in and departing from.
However if you do need to fill in a landing card, then you should put 'In Transit' in the address field of the card.
add a comment |
You will only need to fill in a landing card if you intend to actually go through immigration, which may or may not be required depending on which terminal you are landing in and departing from.
However if you do need to fill in a landing card, then you should put 'In Transit' in the address field of the card.
add a comment |
You will only need to fill in a landing card if you intend to actually go through immigration, which may or may not be required depending on which terminal you are landing in and departing from.
However if you do need to fill in a landing card, then you should put 'In Transit' in the address field of the card.
You will only need to fill in a landing card if you intend to actually go through immigration, which may or may not be required depending on which terminal you are landing in and departing from.
However if you do need to fill in a landing card, then you should put 'In Transit' in the address field of the card.
answered Mar 20 '16 at 4:49
DocDoc
77k5177284
77k5177284
add a comment |
add a comment |
Thanks for contributing an answer to Travel Stack Exchange!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f65423%2ffilling-a-uk-landing-card-for-sleeping-in-airport-for-transit%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown


Are you planning to actually enter the UK or just stay airside for the night?
– user13044
Mar 20 '16 at 4:33
The flight into And out of UK are operated by two different airlines, so I have to get through the immigration at night and check-in the next morning
– Edison
Mar 20 '16 at 8:15