Have a valid ESTA on EU passport, dual citizenship of non-ESTA country. Got new non-ESTA Passport. Need new ESTA application?
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
I have a valid ESTA on my European Passport, and have a second citizenship of a non-VWP country. By the time I applied to the ESTA, I had one valid non-VWP passport but since then it expired and received a new one recently. Do I need to apply for a new ESTA?
Nothing else has changed since then, only the new passport of my second citizenship.
usa customs-and-immigration esta us-visa-waiver-program dual-nationality
add a comment |
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
I have a valid ESTA on my European Passport, and have a second citizenship of a non-VWP country. By the time I applied to the ESTA, I had one valid non-VWP passport but since then it expired and received a new one recently. Do I need to apply for a new ESTA?
Nothing else has changed since then, only the new passport of my second citizenship.
usa customs-and-immigration esta us-visa-waiver-program dual-nationality
Did you submit the passport number of your non-VWP passport in your ESTA application?
– phoog
Jun 10 '17 at 4:53
Yes, I added my non-VWP passport numbers in the ESTA application, the most recent one (at that time) and all the expired ones. So this is my fourth non-VWP passport and the ESTA has only the previous 3.
– omarcio
Jun 10 '17 at 5:29
My understanding is that you need to reapply only if there are changes to the answers for the yes/no questions. But if you are inclined to worry about things like this, the cost of USD 14 might be worth it to you to achieve some peace of mind.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 14:59
I will call CBP tomorrow to ask the question and see what they have to say. Giving it a deep thought I think it is not a big deal, in fact, in the Q&A they say that you need to only add the most recent "second" passport even if it is expired, or just your other citizenship if you don't have a passport. Probably they want to know if you are a citizen of specific countries that need higher security clearing.
– omarcio
Jun 11 '17 at 21:30
I believe you are correct. Please post an answer to let us know what they tell you.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 23:00
add a comment |
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
up vote
1
down vote
favorite
I have a valid ESTA on my European Passport, and have a second citizenship of a non-VWP country. By the time I applied to the ESTA, I had one valid non-VWP passport but since then it expired and received a new one recently. Do I need to apply for a new ESTA?
Nothing else has changed since then, only the new passport of my second citizenship.
usa customs-and-immigration esta us-visa-waiver-program dual-nationality
I have a valid ESTA on my European Passport, and have a second citizenship of a non-VWP country. By the time I applied to the ESTA, I had one valid non-VWP passport but since then it expired and received a new one recently. Do I need to apply for a new ESTA?
Nothing else has changed since then, only the new passport of my second citizenship.
usa customs-and-immigration esta us-visa-waiver-program dual-nationality
usa customs-and-immigration esta us-visa-waiver-program dual-nationality
edited Jun 11 '17 at 14:30
asked Jun 10 '17 at 4:12
omarcio
163
163
Did you submit the passport number of your non-VWP passport in your ESTA application?
– phoog
Jun 10 '17 at 4:53
Yes, I added my non-VWP passport numbers in the ESTA application, the most recent one (at that time) and all the expired ones. So this is my fourth non-VWP passport and the ESTA has only the previous 3.
– omarcio
Jun 10 '17 at 5:29
My understanding is that you need to reapply only if there are changes to the answers for the yes/no questions. But if you are inclined to worry about things like this, the cost of USD 14 might be worth it to you to achieve some peace of mind.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 14:59
I will call CBP tomorrow to ask the question and see what they have to say. Giving it a deep thought I think it is not a big deal, in fact, in the Q&A they say that you need to only add the most recent "second" passport even if it is expired, or just your other citizenship if you don't have a passport. Probably they want to know if you are a citizen of specific countries that need higher security clearing.
– omarcio
Jun 11 '17 at 21:30
I believe you are correct. Please post an answer to let us know what they tell you.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 23:00
add a comment |
Did you submit the passport number of your non-VWP passport in your ESTA application?
– phoog
Jun 10 '17 at 4:53
Yes, I added my non-VWP passport numbers in the ESTA application, the most recent one (at that time) and all the expired ones. So this is my fourth non-VWP passport and the ESTA has only the previous 3.
– omarcio
Jun 10 '17 at 5:29
My understanding is that you need to reapply only if there are changes to the answers for the yes/no questions. But if you are inclined to worry about things like this, the cost of USD 14 might be worth it to you to achieve some peace of mind.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 14:59
I will call CBP tomorrow to ask the question and see what they have to say. Giving it a deep thought I think it is not a big deal, in fact, in the Q&A they say that you need to only add the most recent "second" passport even if it is expired, or just your other citizenship if you don't have a passport. Probably they want to know if you are a citizen of specific countries that need higher security clearing.
– omarcio
Jun 11 '17 at 21:30
I believe you are correct. Please post an answer to let us know what they tell you.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 23:00
Did you submit the passport number of your non-VWP passport in your ESTA application?
– phoog
Jun 10 '17 at 4:53
Did you submit the passport number of your non-VWP passport in your ESTA application?
– phoog
Jun 10 '17 at 4:53
Yes, I added my non-VWP passport numbers in the ESTA application, the most recent one (at that time) and all the expired ones. So this is my fourth non-VWP passport and the ESTA has only the previous 3.
– omarcio
Jun 10 '17 at 5:29
Yes, I added my non-VWP passport numbers in the ESTA application, the most recent one (at that time) and all the expired ones. So this is my fourth non-VWP passport and the ESTA has only the previous 3.
– omarcio
Jun 10 '17 at 5:29
My understanding is that you need to reapply only if there are changes to the answers for the yes/no questions. But if you are inclined to worry about things like this, the cost of USD 14 might be worth it to you to achieve some peace of mind.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 14:59
My understanding is that you need to reapply only if there are changes to the answers for the yes/no questions. But if you are inclined to worry about things like this, the cost of USD 14 might be worth it to you to achieve some peace of mind.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 14:59
I will call CBP tomorrow to ask the question and see what they have to say. Giving it a deep thought I think it is not a big deal, in fact, in the Q&A they say that you need to only add the most recent "second" passport even if it is expired, or just your other citizenship if you don't have a passport. Probably they want to know if you are a citizen of specific countries that need higher security clearing.
– omarcio
Jun 11 '17 at 21:30
I will call CBP tomorrow to ask the question and see what they have to say. Giving it a deep thought I think it is not a big deal, in fact, in the Q&A they say that you need to only add the most recent "second" passport even if it is expired, or just your other citizenship if you don't have a passport. Probably they want to know if you are a citizen of specific countries that need higher security clearing.
– omarcio
Jun 11 '17 at 21:30
I believe you are correct. Please post an answer to let us know what they tell you.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 23:00
I believe you are correct. Please post an answer to let us know what they tell you.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 23:00
add a comment |
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
up vote
1
down vote
I have just called CBP today, and the guy answered that the next time I renew my ESTA I must include the new non-VWP passport.
Of course the guy insisted that once I get a new passport (linked to the ESTA), I must apply again for a new authorization.
Thank you phoog for the support.
add a comment |
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
up vote
1
down vote
I have just called CBP today, and the guy answered that the next time I renew my ESTA I must include the new non-VWP passport.
Of course the guy insisted that once I get a new passport (linked to the ESTA), I must apply again for a new authorization.
Thank you phoog for the support.
add a comment |
up vote
1
down vote
I have just called CBP today, and the guy answered that the next time I renew my ESTA I must include the new non-VWP passport.
Of course the guy insisted that once I get a new passport (linked to the ESTA), I must apply again for a new authorization.
Thank you phoog for the support.
add a comment |
up vote
1
down vote
up vote
1
down vote
I have just called CBP today, and the guy answered that the next time I renew my ESTA I must include the new non-VWP passport.
Of course the guy insisted that once I get a new passport (linked to the ESTA), I must apply again for a new authorization.
Thank you phoog for the support.
I have just called CBP today, and the guy answered that the next time I renew my ESTA I must include the new non-VWP passport.
Of course the guy insisted that once I get a new passport (linked to the ESTA), I must apply again for a new authorization.
Thank you phoog for the support.
answered Jun 13 '17 at 16:54
omarcio
163
163
add a comment |
add a comment |
Thanks for contributing an answer to Travel Stack Exchange!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Some of your past answers have not been well-received, and you're in danger of being blocked from answering.
Please pay close attention to the following guidance:
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f94914%2fhave-a-valid-esta-on-eu-passport-dual-citizenship-of-non-esta-country-got-new%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown


Did you submit the passport number of your non-VWP passport in your ESTA application?
– phoog
Jun 10 '17 at 4:53
Yes, I added my non-VWP passport numbers in the ESTA application, the most recent one (at that time) and all the expired ones. So this is my fourth non-VWP passport and the ESTA has only the previous 3.
– omarcio
Jun 10 '17 at 5:29
My understanding is that you need to reapply only if there are changes to the answers for the yes/no questions. But if you are inclined to worry about things like this, the cost of USD 14 might be worth it to you to achieve some peace of mind.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 14:59
I will call CBP tomorrow to ask the question and see what they have to say. Giving it a deep thought I think it is not a big deal, in fact, in the Q&A they say that you need to only add the most recent "second" passport even if it is expired, or just your other citizenship if you don't have a passport. Probably they want to know if you are a citizen of specific countries that need higher security clearing.
– omarcio
Jun 11 '17 at 21:30
I believe you are correct. Please post an answer to let us know what they tell you.
– phoog
Jun 11 '17 at 23:00