On a C1/D visa, can I transit through Newark airport to Canada on a personal visit?



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;







up vote
4
down vote

favorite












I am a seafarer from India and have a C1/D US visa. I am now on vacation in India. Can I transit through a US airport on my C1/D visa for a personal visit to a final destination of Canada? I am not joining or leaving any ship, I just want to transit the USA to my final destination, Canada.







share|improve this question




























    up vote
    4
    down vote

    favorite












    I am a seafarer from India and have a C1/D US visa. I am now on vacation in India. Can I transit through a US airport on my C1/D visa for a personal visit to a final destination of Canada? I am not joining or leaving any ship, I just want to transit the USA to my final destination, Canada.







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      4
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      4
      down vote

      favorite











      I am a seafarer from India and have a C1/D US visa. I am now on vacation in India. Can I transit through a US airport on my C1/D visa for a personal visit to a final destination of Canada? I am not joining or leaving any ship, I just want to transit the USA to my final destination, Canada.







      share|improve this question














      I am a seafarer from India and have a C1/D US visa. I am now on vacation in India. Can I transit through a US airport on my C1/D visa for a personal visit to a final destination of Canada? I am not joining or leaving any ship, I just want to transit the USA to my final destination, Canada.









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 7 at 17:14









      Robert Columbia

      3,80932246




      3,80932246










      asked Mar 6 at 22:50









      meet chahal

      212




      212




















          2 Answers
          2






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          3
          down vote













          Yes, your visa is valid for transit through the United States for a personal trip unless it bears an annotation stating otherwise.






          share|improve this answer



























            up vote
            1
            down vote













            A C1/D visa is a combo C1 and D visa. C1 Status lets you stay in the US for 29 days on your way to a third country - as such you can use it for your purpose.






            share|improve this answer




















              Your Answer







              StackExchange.ready(function()
              var channelOptions =
              tags: "".split(" "),
              id: "273"
              ;
              initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

              StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
              // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
              if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
              StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
              createEditor();
              );

              else
              createEditor();

              );

              function createEditor()
              StackExchange.prepareEditor(
              heartbeatType: 'answer',
              convertImagesToLinks: false,
              noModals: false,
              showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
              reputationToPostImages: null,
              bindNavPrevention: true,
              postfix: "",
              noCode: true, onDemand: true,
              discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
              ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
              );



              );













               

              draft saved


              draft discarded


















              StackExchange.ready(
              function ()
              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f110830%2fon-a-c1-d-visa-can-i-transit-through-newark-airport-to-canada-on-a-personal-vis%23new-answer', 'question_page');

              );

              Post as a guest






























              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes








              2 Answers
              2






              active

              oldest

              votes









              active

              oldest

              votes






              active

              oldest

              votes








              up vote
              3
              down vote













              Yes, your visa is valid for transit through the United States for a personal trip unless it bears an annotation stating otherwise.






              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                3
                down vote













                Yes, your visa is valid for transit through the United States for a personal trip unless it bears an annotation stating otherwise.






                share|improve this answer






















                  up vote
                  3
                  down vote










                  up vote
                  3
                  down vote









                  Yes, your visa is valid for transit through the United States for a personal trip unless it bears an annotation stating otherwise.






                  share|improve this answer












                  Yes, your visa is valid for transit through the United States for a personal trip unless it bears an annotation stating otherwise.







                  share|improve this answer












                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer










                  answered Mar 7 at 1:27









                  phoog

                  61.4k9133193




                  61.4k9133193






















                      up vote
                      1
                      down vote













                      A C1/D visa is a combo C1 and D visa. C1 Status lets you stay in the US for 29 days on your way to a third country - as such you can use it for your purpose.






                      share|improve this answer
























                        up vote
                        1
                        down vote













                        A C1/D visa is a combo C1 and D visa. C1 Status lets you stay in the US for 29 days on your way to a third country - as such you can use it for your purpose.






                        share|improve this answer






















                          up vote
                          1
                          down vote










                          up vote
                          1
                          down vote









                          A C1/D visa is a combo C1 and D visa. C1 Status lets you stay in the US for 29 days on your way to a third country - as such you can use it for your purpose.






                          share|improve this answer












                          A C1/D visa is a combo C1 and D visa. C1 Status lets you stay in the US for 29 days on your way to a third country - as such you can use it for your purpose.







                          share|improve this answer












                          share|improve this answer



                          share|improve this answer










                          answered Mar 7 at 2:04









                          Coke

                          48.7k789214




                          48.7k789214



























                               

                              draft saved


                              draft discarded















































                               


                              draft saved


                              draft discarded














                              StackExchange.ready(
                              function ()
                              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f110830%2fon-a-c1-d-visa-can-i-transit-through-newark-airport-to-canada-on-a-personal-vis%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                              );

                              Post as a guest














































































                              Popular posts from this blog

                              𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

                              Malaysia to Papua New Guinea by motorcycle?

                              PHP code is not being executed, instead code shows on the page