Shorter term Chinese visa



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;







up vote
2
down vote

favorite












I've been to China a few times, and the last time I applied for a visa (two years ago), there was no option for duration. You just give them (the Chinese visa service in London) your credit card details and hope for the best. I ended up getting a multiple-entry, two-year visa, which was great but really expensive. Travelling to China is already expensive, such that it's unlikely that I'll go more than once in a two year period (I wasn't able with this last visa, for example).



Has the process changed in the meantime, or is there some other way to get a short duration, single entry visa? For example, last time I did it all online and by post; would going to the application centre in person make a difference? I realise Shanghai, Beijing and some other cities have 3-4 day transit options, but that’s not really long enough.




EDIT If it makes a difference, I have Chinese in-laws.







share|improve this question




























    up vote
    2
    down vote

    favorite












    I've been to China a few times, and the last time I applied for a visa (two years ago), there was no option for duration. You just give them (the Chinese visa service in London) your credit card details and hope for the best. I ended up getting a multiple-entry, two-year visa, which was great but really expensive. Travelling to China is already expensive, such that it's unlikely that I'll go more than once in a two year period (I wasn't able with this last visa, for example).



    Has the process changed in the meantime, or is there some other way to get a short duration, single entry visa? For example, last time I did it all online and by post; would going to the application centre in person make a difference? I realise Shanghai, Beijing and some other cities have 3-4 day transit options, but that’s not really long enough.




    EDIT If it makes a difference, I have Chinese in-laws.







    share|improve this question
























      up vote
      2
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      2
      down vote

      favorite











      I've been to China a few times, and the last time I applied for a visa (two years ago), there was no option for duration. You just give them (the Chinese visa service in London) your credit card details and hope for the best. I ended up getting a multiple-entry, two-year visa, which was great but really expensive. Travelling to China is already expensive, such that it's unlikely that I'll go more than once in a two year period (I wasn't able with this last visa, for example).



      Has the process changed in the meantime, or is there some other way to get a short duration, single entry visa? For example, last time I did it all online and by post; would going to the application centre in person make a difference? I realise Shanghai, Beijing and some other cities have 3-4 day transit options, but that’s not really long enough.




      EDIT If it makes a difference, I have Chinese in-laws.







      share|improve this question














      I've been to China a few times, and the last time I applied for a visa (two years ago), there was no option for duration. You just give them (the Chinese visa service in London) your credit card details and hope for the best. I ended up getting a multiple-entry, two-year visa, which was great but really expensive. Travelling to China is already expensive, such that it's unlikely that I'll go more than once in a two year period (I wasn't able with this last visa, for example).



      Has the process changed in the meantime, or is there some other way to get a short duration, single entry visa? For example, last time I did it all online and by post; would going to the application centre in person make a difference? I realise Shanghai, Beijing and some other cities have 3-4 day transit options, but that’s not really long enough.




      EDIT If it makes a difference, I have Chinese in-laws.









      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Mar 7 at 1:50









      dda

      14.1k32951




      14.1k32951










      asked Mar 6 at 13:30









      Xophmeister

      1546




      1546




















          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          1
          down vote













          I've never applied for a Chinese visa in the UK, but all places where I have, you have the option to apply for a single-entry or double-entry visa, which is much cheaper. The form to fill out lists the options. You should enquire in person about that.






          share|improve this answer






















          • That used to be the case in the UK, as well. However, the last time I applied for a Chinese visa, they had changed it such that the option of single/double/multiple-entry was no longer available and the process seemed to be more like "you'll be given the most expensive one you're allowed". Hence my question.
            – Xophmeister
            Mar 7 at 9:37










          • In a way I wish it were like that in Hong Kong... I just applied for a visa and all they could give me was 2 entries
            – TheGrouch HK
            Mar 9 at 1:37










          Your Answer







          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "273"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: false,
          noModals: false,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: null,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          noCode: true, onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f110804%2fshorter-term-chinese-visa%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest






























          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes








          1 Answer
          1






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes








          up vote
          1
          down vote













          I've never applied for a Chinese visa in the UK, but all places where I have, you have the option to apply for a single-entry or double-entry visa, which is much cheaper. The form to fill out lists the options. You should enquire in person about that.






          share|improve this answer






















          • That used to be the case in the UK, as well. However, the last time I applied for a Chinese visa, they had changed it such that the option of single/double/multiple-entry was no longer available and the process seemed to be more like "you'll be given the most expensive one you're allowed". Hence my question.
            – Xophmeister
            Mar 7 at 9:37










          • In a way I wish it were like that in Hong Kong... I just applied for a visa and all they could give me was 2 entries
            – TheGrouch HK
            Mar 9 at 1:37














          up vote
          1
          down vote













          I've never applied for a Chinese visa in the UK, but all places where I have, you have the option to apply for a single-entry or double-entry visa, which is much cheaper. The form to fill out lists the options. You should enquire in person about that.






          share|improve this answer






















          • That used to be the case in the UK, as well. However, the last time I applied for a Chinese visa, they had changed it such that the option of single/double/multiple-entry was no longer available and the process seemed to be more like "you'll be given the most expensive one you're allowed". Hence my question.
            – Xophmeister
            Mar 7 at 9:37










          • In a way I wish it were like that in Hong Kong... I just applied for a visa and all they could give me was 2 entries
            – TheGrouch HK
            Mar 9 at 1:37












          up vote
          1
          down vote










          up vote
          1
          down vote









          I've never applied for a Chinese visa in the UK, but all places where I have, you have the option to apply for a single-entry or double-entry visa, which is much cheaper. The form to fill out lists the options. You should enquire in person about that.






          share|improve this answer














          I've never applied for a Chinese visa in the UK, but all places where I have, you have the option to apply for a single-entry or double-entry visa, which is much cheaper. The form to fill out lists the options. You should enquire in person about that.







          share|improve this answer














          share|improve this answer



          share|improve this answer








          edited Jul 11 at 7:19

























          answered Mar 7 at 1:51









          dda

          14.1k32951




          14.1k32951











          • That used to be the case in the UK, as well. However, the last time I applied for a Chinese visa, they had changed it such that the option of single/double/multiple-entry was no longer available and the process seemed to be more like "you'll be given the most expensive one you're allowed". Hence my question.
            – Xophmeister
            Mar 7 at 9:37










          • In a way I wish it were like that in Hong Kong... I just applied for a visa and all they could give me was 2 entries
            – TheGrouch HK
            Mar 9 at 1:37
















          • That used to be the case in the UK, as well. However, the last time I applied for a Chinese visa, they had changed it such that the option of single/double/multiple-entry was no longer available and the process seemed to be more like "you'll be given the most expensive one you're allowed". Hence my question.
            – Xophmeister
            Mar 7 at 9:37










          • In a way I wish it were like that in Hong Kong... I just applied for a visa and all they could give me was 2 entries
            – TheGrouch HK
            Mar 9 at 1:37















          That used to be the case in the UK, as well. However, the last time I applied for a Chinese visa, they had changed it such that the option of single/double/multiple-entry was no longer available and the process seemed to be more like "you'll be given the most expensive one you're allowed". Hence my question.
          – Xophmeister
          Mar 7 at 9:37




          That used to be the case in the UK, as well. However, the last time I applied for a Chinese visa, they had changed it such that the option of single/double/multiple-entry was no longer available and the process seemed to be more like "you'll be given the most expensive one you're allowed". Hence my question.
          – Xophmeister
          Mar 7 at 9:37












          In a way I wish it were like that in Hong Kong... I just applied for a visa and all they could give me was 2 entries
          – TheGrouch HK
          Mar 9 at 1:37




          In a way I wish it were like that in Hong Kong... I just applied for a visa and all they could give me was 2 entries
          – TheGrouch HK
          Mar 9 at 1:37

















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f110804%2fshorter-term-chinese-visa%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest














































































          Popular posts from this blog

          PHP code is not being executed, instead code shows on the page

          Administrative divisions of China

          𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼