Flight Home from Schengen Area is past 90 days, but I will be travelling to other countries. Will this be a problem?



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;







up vote
2
down vote

favorite












I am spending 88 days in Italy, and then travelling for 2 weeks through the UK. It is surprisingly a lot cheaper to book a roundtrip ticket to Milan plus flights to and from Dublin than it is to book a flight to Milan and home from Dublin.



I will not be in the Schengen Area for longer than 88 days, but my flights will look like I am in Milan past the 90 day allowance.



Will this cause problems entering the country, or coming back to the US? Should I just cut my losses and spend the extra money on a multi-city flight?



Thanks!










share|improve this question





















  • "my flights will look like I am in Milan past the 90 day allowance." - why? You are leaving Schengen for the CTA and it's clearly visible in your passport.
    – chx
    Nov 7 '17 at 17:04
















up vote
2
down vote

favorite












I am spending 88 days in Italy, and then travelling for 2 weeks through the UK. It is surprisingly a lot cheaper to book a roundtrip ticket to Milan plus flights to and from Dublin than it is to book a flight to Milan and home from Dublin.



I will not be in the Schengen Area for longer than 88 days, but my flights will look like I am in Milan past the 90 day allowance.



Will this cause problems entering the country, or coming back to the US? Should I just cut my losses and spend the extra money on a multi-city flight?



Thanks!










share|improve this question





















  • "my flights will look like I am in Milan past the 90 day allowance." - why? You are leaving Schengen for the CTA and it's clearly visible in your passport.
    – chx
    Nov 7 '17 at 17:04












up vote
2
down vote

favorite









up vote
2
down vote

favorite











I am spending 88 days in Italy, and then travelling for 2 weeks through the UK. It is surprisingly a lot cheaper to book a roundtrip ticket to Milan plus flights to and from Dublin than it is to book a flight to Milan and home from Dublin.



I will not be in the Schengen Area for longer than 88 days, but my flights will look like I am in Milan past the 90 day allowance.



Will this cause problems entering the country, or coming back to the US? Should I just cut my losses and spend the extra money on a multi-city flight?



Thanks!










share|improve this question













I am spending 88 days in Italy, and then travelling for 2 weeks through the UK. It is surprisingly a lot cheaper to book a roundtrip ticket to Milan plus flights to and from Dublin than it is to book a flight to Milan and home from Dublin.



I will not be in the Schengen Area for longer than 88 days, but my flights will look like I am in Milan past the 90 day allowance.



Will this cause problems entering the country, or coming back to the US? Should I just cut my losses and spend the extra money on a multi-city flight?



Thanks!







air-travel schengen






share|improve this question













share|improve this question











share|improve this question




share|improve this question










asked Nov 7 '17 at 16:34









Anna Gill

111




111











  • "my flights will look like I am in Milan past the 90 day allowance." - why? You are leaving Schengen for the CTA and it's clearly visible in your passport.
    – chx
    Nov 7 '17 at 17:04
















  • "my flights will look like I am in Milan past the 90 day allowance." - why? You are leaving Schengen for the CTA and it's clearly visible in your passport.
    – chx
    Nov 7 '17 at 17:04















"my flights will look like I am in Milan past the 90 day allowance." - why? You are leaving Schengen for the CTA and it's clearly visible in your passport.
– chx
Nov 7 '17 at 17:04




"my flights will look like I am in Milan past the 90 day allowance." - why? You are leaving Schengen for the CTA and it's clearly visible in your passport.
– chx
Nov 7 '17 at 17:04










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
4
down vote













I fail to see where would a problem arise.



  1. When you enter the area first, you can show your intent of leaving 88 days later. Not that they will grill a US citizen much.


  2. When you leave the area, you have been there for 88 days.


  3. When you seek to re-enter the area... but you don't. You are transiting airside. And even if you wouldn't, you have a stamp in your passport showing entering the Republic Of Ireland which also shows leaving the Schengen area.






share|improve this answer




















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "273"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: false,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: null,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    noCode: true, onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f104965%2fflight-home-from-schengen-area-is-past-90-days-but-i-will-be-travelling-to-othe%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes








    1 Answer
    1






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    4
    down vote













    I fail to see where would a problem arise.



    1. When you enter the area first, you can show your intent of leaving 88 days later. Not that they will grill a US citizen much.


    2. When you leave the area, you have been there for 88 days.


    3. When you seek to re-enter the area... but you don't. You are transiting airside. And even if you wouldn't, you have a stamp in your passport showing entering the Republic Of Ireland which also shows leaving the Schengen area.






    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      4
      down vote













      I fail to see where would a problem arise.



      1. When you enter the area first, you can show your intent of leaving 88 days later. Not that they will grill a US citizen much.


      2. When you leave the area, you have been there for 88 days.


      3. When you seek to re-enter the area... but you don't. You are transiting airside. And even if you wouldn't, you have a stamp in your passport showing entering the Republic Of Ireland which also shows leaving the Schengen area.






      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        4
        down vote










        up vote
        4
        down vote









        I fail to see where would a problem arise.



        1. When you enter the area first, you can show your intent of leaving 88 days later. Not that they will grill a US citizen much.


        2. When you leave the area, you have been there for 88 days.


        3. When you seek to re-enter the area... but you don't. You are transiting airside. And even if you wouldn't, you have a stamp in your passport showing entering the Republic Of Ireland which also shows leaving the Schengen area.






        share|improve this answer












        I fail to see where would a problem arise.



        1. When you enter the area first, you can show your intent of leaving 88 days later. Not that they will grill a US citizen much.


        2. When you leave the area, you have been there for 88 days.


        3. When you seek to re-enter the area... but you don't. You are transiting airside. And even if you wouldn't, you have a stamp in your passport showing entering the Republic Of Ireland which also shows leaving the Schengen area.







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Nov 7 '17 at 17:06









        chx

        36.8k376181




        36.8k376181



























             

            draft saved


            draft discarded















































             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f104965%2fflight-home-from-schengen-area-is-past-90-days-but-i-will-be-travelling-to-othe%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest














































































            Popular posts from this blog

            𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

            PHP code is not being executed, instead code shows on the page

            Administrative divisions of China