PHPMyAdmin page error after change MySQL port number in WAMP

PHPMyAdmin page error after change MySQL port number in WAMP



I have IIS installed with an existing MySQL version on my server computer. Now I want to install WAMP to host magento sites.



After I installed WAMP and changed the apache port from 80 to 8090, all the magento sites siting on wamp server works fine. But all my IIS php sites cannot connect to the old MySQL database.



So I was requested to change the port of the new MySQL in WAMP.



I changed the my.ini file with the new port number 3307, then I restarted wamp service. The server icon is green, but when I visit the phpMyAdmin page, I got an error message saying "#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)".



I searched on goolge and changed the config.inc.php file with port = 3307, restarted service again. But I still got the same error.



Is there anything else needs to be changed to get it working on the phpMyAdmin page? Thanks in advance.




3 Answers
3



A couple of things you can try.


my.ini



Locate this section of my.ini and chnage the port number there


my.ini


# The MySQL server
[wampmysqld]
port = 3307



Also locate this section


# The following options will be passed to all MySQL clients
[client]
port = 3307



and change the port there as well.



Restart MySQL and now phpMyAdmin should have a server to talk to. Also if you use the command line access to mysql it will also be looking at the correct server.



you need to change port in the phpMyAdmin config file as well.



Locate the file config.default.php in the libraries folder in the phpmyadmin folder.



Locate this section


/**

MySQL port - leave blank for default port

@global string $cfg['Servers'][$i]['port']

*/

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '3307';



and enter the port there as well.

Then restart the MySQL service and phpMyAdmin should work.



I'm using Wampserver and had to change this in config.inc.php as well


config.inc.php


/* $cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = $wampConf['mysqlPortUsed']; */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '3308';



I came across another post that said 3307 is reserved for Maria so use 3308.



Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Some of your past answers have not been well-received, and you're in danger of being blocked from answering.



Please pay close attention to the following guidance:



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown




By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)