Javascript Redirect still active

Javascript Redirect still active



I have been recently working on a website for myself, http://retrixsolutions.pw/, and I have a process before which loaded my website and redirected it to another page:


<script type="text/javascript">
document.location = "homepage.html";
</script>



Using this script, it automatically redirected my websites' index.html to homepage.html



I then looked into another website design and decided I liked that one better. I removed the files on my CentOS webserver and then uploaded the new ones. These files do not require me to redirect.



If you go to http://retrixsolutions.pw/ it works, but if you go to http://retrixsolutions.pw/index.html, it redirects to another page even though the script to redirect is completely removed.



I have restarted my webserver, shut it down and then re-uploaded the files but still the index.html file relocates to homepage.html.



Thanks for your help.





It's probably caching the older file. If you restart the webserver, does it start working? Also, try clearing your browser cache while you're at it.
– mwilson
Sep 3 at 22:51






I'm not being redirected. Try refreshing your browser.
– CertainPerformance
Sep 3 at 22:51





Maybe it's cached
– Jack Bashford
Sep 3 at 22:51





Thanks for the help, my browser seemed to cache the old file, sorry for being such an idiot :)
– Retrix Solutions
Sep 3 at 22:54





You should really try clearing your browser cache. In Chrome just press Ctrl-Shift-Delete ...
– Bigga_HD
Sep 3 at 22:54




2 Answers
2



Adding on to what JBDouble05 said, another easy way to clear your cache is to hold Shift while clicking the refresh button.


Shift





I wrote an answer since I do not have enough rep to comment xD
– Razboy20
Sep 4 at 0:21





Now you have enough reputation!
– Jack Bashford
Sep 4 at 0:23





1 Minute later ---- Wut... Now I can comment xD
– Razboy20
Sep 4 at 0:24





Andddd Now I can't....
– Razboy20
Sep 4 at 0:25





Oh no. Hey, could you vote up my answer if you liked it? (or was that you already?)
– Jack Bashford
Sep 4 at 0:25



What you'd need to do is make sure your browser is not caching the files. Caching is essentially the browser saving time and effort, and it saves a local copy of the file to its storage, which means that if you boot up that page, it will load the saved file, even if the file online changes. To clear cache, you can refresh the page, hard refresh and clear cache, or use an incognito or private browser (such as Epic)



Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Some of your past answers have not been well-received, and you're in danger of being blocked from answering.



Please pay close attention to the following guidance:



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown




By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)