PyQtGraph How to zoom in using a button









up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I'm using PyQTGraph along with PyQT5, and I've added a GraphicsLayoutWidget, with mouse events to add markers.



canvas_ruler = pg.GraphicsLayoutWidget()
formLayout.addWidget(self.canvas_ruler)
plot_ruler = canvas_ruler.addPlot(name="Ruler")

plot_ruler.hideAxis('left')

canvas_ruler.scene().sigMouseMoved.connect(self.mouseMoved)
canvas_ruler.scene().sigMouseClicked.connect(self.mouseClicked)
plot_ruler.setMouseEnabled(x=True, y=False)


What I would like to add, are 2 buttons, to zoom in and zoom out, currently the mouse wheel event, does zooming in/out. But I want to disable that and add 2 buttons for it. I probably should:



setMouseEnabled(x=False, y=False)


But I don't know how to trigger the zoom using code, I couldn't find it's APIs, like sigMouseMoved.connect.










share|improve this question

























    up vote
    1
    down vote

    favorite












    I'm using PyQTGraph along with PyQT5, and I've added a GraphicsLayoutWidget, with mouse events to add markers.



    canvas_ruler = pg.GraphicsLayoutWidget()
    formLayout.addWidget(self.canvas_ruler)
    plot_ruler = canvas_ruler.addPlot(name="Ruler")

    plot_ruler.hideAxis('left')

    canvas_ruler.scene().sigMouseMoved.connect(self.mouseMoved)
    canvas_ruler.scene().sigMouseClicked.connect(self.mouseClicked)
    plot_ruler.setMouseEnabled(x=True, y=False)


    What I would like to add, are 2 buttons, to zoom in and zoom out, currently the mouse wheel event, does zooming in/out. But I want to disable that and add 2 buttons for it. I probably should:



    setMouseEnabled(x=False, y=False)


    But I don't know how to trigger the zoom using code, I couldn't find it's APIs, like sigMouseMoved.connect.










    share|improve this question























      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      1
      down vote

      favorite











      I'm using PyQTGraph along with PyQT5, and I've added a GraphicsLayoutWidget, with mouse events to add markers.



      canvas_ruler = pg.GraphicsLayoutWidget()
      formLayout.addWidget(self.canvas_ruler)
      plot_ruler = canvas_ruler.addPlot(name="Ruler")

      plot_ruler.hideAxis('left')

      canvas_ruler.scene().sigMouseMoved.connect(self.mouseMoved)
      canvas_ruler.scene().sigMouseClicked.connect(self.mouseClicked)
      plot_ruler.setMouseEnabled(x=True, y=False)


      What I would like to add, are 2 buttons, to zoom in and zoom out, currently the mouse wheel event, does zooming in/out. But I want to disable that and add 2 buttons for it. I probably should:



      setMouseEnabled(x=False, y=False)


      But I don't know how to trigger the zoom using code, I couldn't find it's APIs, like sigMouseMoved.connect.










      share|improve this question













      I'm using PyQTGraph along with PyQT5, and I've added a GraphicsLayoutWidget, with mouse events to add markers.



      canvas_ruler = pg.GraphicsLayoutWidget()
      formLayout.addWidget(self.canvas_ruler)
      plot_ruler = canvas_ruler.addPlot(name="Ruler")

      plot_ruler.hideAxis('left')

      canvas_ruler.scene().sigMouseMoved.connect(self.mouseMoved)
      canvas_ruler.scene().sigMouseClicked.connect(self.mouseClicked)
      plot_ruler.setMouseEnabled(x=True, y=False)


      What I would like to add, are 2 buttons, to zoom in and zoom out, currently the mouse wheel event, does zooming in/out. But I want to disable that and add 2 buttons for it. I probably should:



      setMouseEnabled(x=False, y=False)


      But I don't know how to trigger the zoom using code, I couldn't find it's APIs, like sigMouseMoved.connect.







      python-3.x pyqtgraph






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked Nov 8 at 14:17









      Amin

      315318




      315318



























          active

          oldest

          votes











          Your Answer






          StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
          StackExchange.snippets.init();
          );
          );
          , "code-snippets");

          StackExchange.ready(function()
          var channelOptions =
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "1"
          ;
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
          createEditor();
          );

          else
          createEditor();

          );

          function createEditor()
          StackExchange.prepareEditor(
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader:
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          ,
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          );



          );













           

          draft saved


          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f53209597%2fpyqtgraph-how-to-zoom-in-using-a-button%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest



































          active

          oldest

          votes













          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes















           

          draft saved


          draft discarded















































           


          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function ()
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f53209597%2fpyqtgraph-how-to-zoom-in-using-a-button%23new-answer', 'question_page');

          );

          Post as a guest














































































          Popular posts from this blog

          Malaysia to Papua New Guinea by motorcycle?

          PHP code is not being executed, instead code shows on the page

          𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼