How much does the ferry between Rostock and Gedser cost?









up vote
3
down vote

favorite












I am planning to visit Copenhagen for a couple of days. I will be travelling, by car, from Berlin, with 2 other friends. The quickest route is shown by taking the Rostock - Gedser ferry. I googled the cost of ferry and Scandlines says it costs 100€ for the crossing.



Is the ferry really that expensive?










share|improve this question



























    up vote
    3
    down vote

    favorite












    I am planning to visit Copenhagen for a couple of days. I will be travelling, by car, from Berlin, with 2 other friends. The quickest route is shown by taking the Rostock - Gedser ferry. I googled the cost of ferry and Scandlines says it costs 100€ for the crossing.



    Is the ferry really that expensive?










    share|improve this question

























      up vote
      3
      down vote

      favorite









      up vote
      3
      down vote

      favorite











      I am planning to visit Copenhagen for a couple of days. I will be travelling, by car, from Berlin, with 2 other friends. The quickest route is shown by taking the Rostock - Gedser ferry. I googled the cost of ferry and Scandlines says it costs 100€ for the crossing.



      Is the ferry really that expensive?










      share|improve this question















      I am planning to visit Copenhagen for a couple of days. I will be travelling, by car, from Berlin, with 2 other friends. The quickest route is shown by taking the Rostock - Gedser ferry. I googled the cost of ferry and Scandlines says it costs 100€ for the crossing.



      Is the ferry really that expensive?







      germany ferries denmark






      share|improve this question















      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question








      edited Sep 19 '17 at 9:00









      JonathanReez

      47k36222474




      47k36222474










      asked Sep 19 '17 at 8:31









      ctrl-shift-esc

      1024




      1024




















          3 Answers
          3






          active

          oldest

          votes

















          up vote
          5
          down vote













          €100 sounds reasonable for a vehicle and 3 passengers. It is a 1 hour 45 minute crossing.



          Did you get your price from Scandlines ?






          share|improve this answer




















          • I looked up the prices again. Thank you for the information.
            – ctrl-shift-esc
            Sep 19 '17 at 8:52

















          up vote
          3
          down vote













          Let me say that I am not an experienced traveller on this route, however as far as I can tell you can get significant discounts to around €33 if you book early and join the SMILE customer loyalty program for free.



          Additionally there is a route through Puttgarden -> Rodbyhavn which takes 17 minutes longer, however is around 30 euros cheaper if you book late. Same price if you book early though.






          share|improve this answer



























            up vote
            0
            down vote













            You could try the Puttgarden-Rödby-Route. The Autobahn from Berlin to there is for the most part quite good. The ferry goes hourly and, as the trip is not so far, it is cheaper.



            Also you´ll drive trough Fehmarn, which is quite a nice island in the Baltic sea of it´s own.



            Edit: You can get a quote for your trip here (both routes):
            https://www.scandlines.de/tickets-und-tarife/tickets-und-preise/rostock-gedser.aspx



            Prices are for one vehicle <6meter length and up to 9 passengers.






            share|improve this answer






















              Your Answer








              StackExchange.ready(function()
              var channelOptions =
              tags: "".split(" "),
              id: "273"
              ;
              initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

              StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
              // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
              if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
              StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
              createEditor();
              );

              else
              createEditor();

              );

              function createEditor()
              StackExchange.prepareEditor(
              heartbeatType: 'answer',
              convertImagesToLinks: false,
              noModals: true,
              showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
              reputationToPostImages: null,
              bindNavPrevention: true,
              postfix: "",
              imageUploader:
              brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
              contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
              allowUrls: true
              ,
              noCode: true, onDemand: true,
              discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
              ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
              );



              );













               

              draft saved


              draft discarded


















              StackExchange.ready(
              function ()
              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f102349%2fhow-much-does-the-ferry-between-rostock-and-gedser-cost%23new-answer', 'question_page');

              );

              Post as a guest






























              3 Answers
              3






              active

              oldest

              votes








              3 Answers
              3






              active

              oldest

              votes









              active

              oldest

              votes






              active

              oldest

              votes








              up vote
              5
              down vote













              €100 sounds reasonable for a vehicle and 3 passengers. It is a 1 hour 45 minute crossing.



              Did you get your price from Scandlines ?






              share|improve this answer




















              • I looked up the prices again. Thank you for the information.
                – ctrl-shift-esc
                Sep 19 '17 at 8:52














              up vote
              5
              down vote













              €100 sounds reasonable for a vehicle and 3 passengers. It is a 1 hour 45 minute crossing.



              Did you get your price from Scandlines ?






              share|improve this answer




















              • I looked up the prices again. Thank you for the information.
                – ctrl-shift-esc
                Sep 19 '17 at 8:52












              up vote
              5
              down vote










              up vote
              5
              down vote









              €100 sounds reasonable for a vehicle and 3 passengers. It is a 1 hour 45 minute crossing.



              Did you get your price from Scandlines ?






              share|improve this answer












              €100 sounds reasonable for a vehicle and 3 passengers. It is a 1 hour 45 minute crossing.



              Did you get your price from Scandlines ?







              share|improve this answer












              share|improve this answer



              share|improve this answer










              answered Sep 19 '17 at 8:46









              davidb

              5,93032660




              5,93032660











              • I looked up the prices again. Thank you for the information.
                – ctrl-shift-esc
                Sep 19 '17 at 8:52
















              • I looked up the prices again. Thank you for the information.
                – ctrl-shift-esc
                Sep 19 '17 at 8:52















              I looked up the prices again. Thank you for the information.
              – ctrl-shift-esc
              Sep 19 '17 at 8:52




              I looked up the prices again. Thank you for the information.
              – ctrl-shift-esc
              Sep 19 '17 at 8:52












              up vote
              3
              down vote













              Let me say that I am not an experienced traveller on this route, however as far as I can tell you can get significant discounts to around €33 if you book early and join the SMILE customer loyalty program for free.



              Additionally there is a route through Puttgarden -> Rodbyhavn which takes 17 minutes longer, however is around 30 euros cheaper if you book late. Same price if you book early though.






              share|improve this answer
























                up vote
                3
                down vote













                Let me say that I am not an experienced traveller on this route, however as far as I can tell you can get significant discounts to around €33 if you book early and join the SMILE customer loyalty program for free.



                Additionally there is a route through Puttgarden -> Rodbyhavn which takes 17 minutes longer, however is around 30 euros cheaper if you book late. Same price if you book early though.






                share|improve this answer






















                  up vote
                  3
                  down vote










                  up vote
                  3
                  down vote









                  Let me say that I am not an experienced traveller on this route, however as far as I can tell you can get significant discounts to around €33 if you book early and join the SMILE customer loyalty program for free.



                  Additionally there is a route through Puttgarden -> Rodbyhavn which takes 17 minutes longer, however is around 30 euros cheaper if you book late. Same price if you book early though.






                  share|improve this answer












                  Let me say that I am not an experienced traveller on this route, however as far as I can tell you can get significant discounts to around €33 if you book early and join the SMILE customer loyalty program for free.



                  Additionally there is a route through Puttgarden -> Rodbyhavn which takes 17 minutes longer, however is around 30 euros cheaper if you book late. Same price if you book early though.







                  share|improve this answer












                  share|improve this answer



                  share|improve this answer










                  answered Sep 19 '17 at 11:01









                  David Mulder

                  646316




                  646316




















                      up vote
                      0
                      down vote













                      You could try the Puttgarden-Rödby-Route. The Autobahn from Berlin to there is for the most part quite good. The ferry goes hourly and, as the trip is not so far, it is cheaper.



                      Also you´ll drive trough Fehmarn, which is quite a nice island in the Baltic sea of it´s own.



                      Edit: You can get a quote for your trip here (both routes):
                      https://www.scandlines.de/tickets-und-tarife/tickets-und-preise/rostock-gedser.aspx



                      Prices are for one vehicle <6meter length and up to 9 passengers.






                      share|improve this answer


























                        up vote
                        0
                        down vote













                        You could try the Puttgarden-Rödby-Route. The Autobahn from Berlin to there is for the most part quite good. The ferry goes hourly and, as the trip is not so far, it is cheaper.



                        Also you´ll drive trough Fehmarn, which is quite a nice island in the Baltic sea of it´s own.



                        Edit: You can get a quote for your trip here (both routes):
                        https://www.scandlines.de/tickets-und-tarife/tickets-und-preise/rostock-gedser.aspx



                        Prices are for one vehicle <6meter length and up to 9 passengers.






                        share|improve this answer
























                          up vote
                          0
                          down vote










                          up vote
                          0
                          down vote









                          You could try the Puttgarden-Rödby-Route. The Autobahn from Berlin to there is for the most part quite good. The ferry goes hourly and, as the trip is not so far, it is cheaper.



                          Also you´ll drive trough Fehmarn, which is quite a nice island in the Baltic sea of it´s own.



                          Edit: You can get a quote for your trip here (both routes):
                          https://www.scandlines.de/tickets-und-tarife/tickets-und-preise/rostock-gedser.aspx



                          Prices are for one vehicle <6meter length and up to 9 passengers.






                          share|improve this answer














                          You could try the Puttgarden-Rödby-Route. The Autobahn from Berlin to there is for the most part quite good. The ferry goes hourly and, as the trip is not so far, it is cheaper.



                          Also you´ll drive trough Fehmarn, which is quite a nice island in the Baltic sea of it´s own.



                          Edit: You can get a quote for your trip here (both routes):
                          https://www.scandlines.de/tickets-und-tarife/tickets-und-preise/rostock-gedser.aspx



                          Prices are for one vehicle <6meter length and up to 9 passengers.







                          share|improve this answer














                          share|improve this answer



                          share|improve this answer








                          edited Sep 19 '17 at 14:13

























                          answered Sep 19 '17 at 13:37









                          Daniel

                          15114




                          15114



























                               

                              draft saved


                              draft discarded















































                               


                              draft saved


                              draft discarded














                              StackExchange.ready(
                              function ()
                              StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f102349%2fhow-much-does-the-ferry-between-rostock-and-gedser-cost%23new-answer', 'question_page');

                              );

                              Post as a guest














































































                              Popular posts from this blog

                              𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

                              PHP code is not being executed, instead code shows on the page

                              Ĝň ċũ,İĨĻĐđēĵſ ĤŹĝĽķũ ĆŹđě,ļ łĂģĚ ŻŷĶĸĦķĖĝŔ ūŬĿŜćīŴĽĺ,ľ,ũĽňĎźāœ,ĉŃĩ,ĎĻē,ŕųūČœijčĶŶĻijŕ,ĩěŗſŗāŸņŰž,Žů ĭğŪľ Čŗćļžĵţ Ūĉņ ĵ ůŁ ţŅ,ĮŶ ŁŵĮ śŁĬŇŏ ŮĜʼnœĦā,Ũŏ Ź ŖŀšĦ ŃłĉŹŅťŸŇ,ŷī