Does codeigniter 3 support PHP 7?

Does codeigniter 3 support PHP 7?



In the docs of CodeIgniter it states,



PHP version 5.4 or newer is recommended.



I looked on forums etc. and wasn't able to find a definitive yes/no on this, even though the above sentence applies a 'yes', I wasn't sure if that extended to the (now new) PHP7.



I have tried a simple CI3 example with PHP7, and all I can report is so good, so far.





I wouldn't recommend using PHP v7 with the latest code igniter on a production environment without extensive testing to ensure that no issues will be encountered. So far, I haven't found any issues which affect my particular setup.
– ukitconsultant
Jun 18 at 4:45





Why not? I'd suggest that you haven't had any issues so far because codeigniter does support PHP 7. The last version was 6 days ago and the version before that includes fixes for count with PHP 7.2...
– Jonathan Clark
Jun 18 at 8:35


count




2 Answers
2



Yes. The latest v3.0.4 changelog explicitly has changes to use PHP7 functionality where it can e.g.



Updated Security Library method get_random_bytes() to use PHP 7’s
random_bytes() function when possible.



Update August 2018
There's also items in the change log for 3.1.8 which relate to fixes for PHP 7.2, as well as 3.1.7 which specifically mention fixes for PHP 7





so why does CI still use my_sql (which has been removed in php7) instead my_sqli ?I had to all the my_sql into my_sqli manually.
– Warrio
Jun 13 '16 at 16:12





It still have the mysql_ functionality for added support on older PHP versions. CI3 is built to run on PHP 5.2.4+. You shouldn't have needed to change any parts of the driver, you should have just needed to specify the driver to be mysqli (codeigniter.com/user_guide/database/configuration.html)
– gabe3886
Jun 13 '16 at 16:29


mysql_





I missed this one! now it works just great :)
– Warrio
Jun 13 '16 at 17:48





current version is 3.1.8 but still they dont have fully php 7 version .
– Sampath Sri Anuradha
May 30 at 8:42



yes codeigniter3.1.9 support PHP version 5.6 to latest 7.2.






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)