Tourist visa to China - return ticket



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;







up vote
3
down vote

favorite












I live in Europe. I will be flying to Shanghai and travelling south to Nanning for 1 month. Then I will leave to Vietnam by train. My flight back to Europe from Asia is 4 months later, so I don't have any ticket out of China - I'm flying back from Bangkok.



As far as I know I cannot get the visa without it. One solution I see would be to buy a plane ticket from Nanning to Hanoi, and specifying this in the visa application.



The problem is that it's very expensive. How can I be sure that after spending so much money I will get the visa in the end?



Is there an easier solution to this?







share|improve this question


















  • 2




    Do the application criteria specify that it has to be a plane ticket? Will your onward train ticket with confirmed date and seat to your destination in Vietnam suffice?
    – Traveller
    May 18 at 22:18











  • You could just get a fully refundable ticket, no? That is expensive but will incur you no losses when you cancel after obtaining the visa.
    – mts
    May 19 at 7:45
















up vote
3
down vote

favorite












I live in Europe. I will be flying to Shanghai and travelling south to Nanning for 1 month. Then I will leave to Vietnam by train. My flight back to Europe from Asia is 4 months later, so I don't have any ticket out of China - I'm flying back from Bangkok.



As far as I know I cannot get the visa without it. One solution I see would be to buy a plane ticket from Nanning to Hanoi, and specifying this in the visa application.



The problem is that it's very expensive. How can I be sure that after spending so much money I will get the visa in the end?



Is there an easier solution to this?







share|improve this question


















  • 2




    Do the application criteria specify that it has to be a plane ticket? Will your onward train ticket with confirmed date and seat to your destination in Vietnam suffice?
    – Traveller
    May 18 at 22:18











  • You could just get a fully refundable ticket, no? That is expensive but will incur you no losses when you cancel after obtaining the visa.
    – mts
    May 19 at 7:45












up vote
3
down vote

favorite









up vote
3
down vote

favorite











I live in Europe. I will be flying to Shanghai and travelling south to Nanning for 1 month. Then I will leave to Vietnam by train. My flight back to Europe from Asia is 4 months later, so I don't have any ticket out of China - I'm flying back from Bangkok.



As far as I know I cannot get the visa without it. One solution I see would be to buy a plane ticket from Nanning to Hanoi, and specifying this in the visa application.



The problem is that it's very expensive. How can I be sure that after spending so much money I will get the visa in the end?



Is there an easier solution to this?







share|improve this question














I live in Europe. I will be flying to Shanghai and travelling south to Nanning for 1 month. Then I will leave to Vietnam by train. My flight back to Europe from Asia is 4 months later, so I don't have any ticket out of China - I'm flying back from Bangkok.



As far as I know I cannot get the visa without it. One solution I see would be to buy a plane ticket from Nanning to Hanoi, and specifying this in the visa application.



The problem is that it's very expensive. How can I be sure that after spending so much money I will get the visa in the end?



Is there an easier solution to this?









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited May 19 at 2:44









dda

14.4k32850




14.4k32850










asked May 18 at 21:13









khernik

1183




1183







  • 2




    Do the application criteria specify that it has to be a plane ticket? Will your onward train ticket with confirmed date and seat to your destination in Vietnam suffice?
    – Traveller
    May 18 at 22:18











  • You could just get a fully refundable ticket, no? That is expensive but will incur you no losses when you cancel after obtaining the visa.
    – mts
    May 19 at 7:45












  • 2




    Do the application criteria specify that it has to be a plane ticket? Will your onward train ticket with confirmed date and seat to your destination in Vietnam suffice?
    – Traveller
    May 18 at 22:18











  • You could just get a fully refundable ticket, no? That is expensive but will incur you no losses when you cancel after obtaining the visa.
    – mts
    May 19 at 7:45







2




2




Do the application criteria specify that it has to be a plane ticket? Will your onward train ticket with confirmed date and seat to your destination in Vietnam suffice?
– Traveller
May 18 at 22:18





Do the application criteria specify that it has to be a plane ticket? Will your onward train ticket with confirmed date and seat to your destination in Vietnam suffice?
– Traveller
May 18 at 22:18













You could just get a fully refundable ticket, no? That is expensive but will incur you no losses when you cancel after obtaining the visa.
– mts
May 19 at 7:45




You could just get a fully refundable ticket, no? That is expensive but will incur you no losses when you cancel after obtaining the visa.
– mts
May 19 at 7:45










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
6
down vote



accepted










China immigration is really allergic to ground transportation tickets. Non-residents who apply for a Chinese visa in HK (with the intent of crossing on foot into Shenzhen) get denied a visa regularly. You need a flight in and out of China when applying for a visa. Which can be inconvenient...



The usual solution here is to apply for a visa via a travel agency: they make up an itinerary for you, and document it with real fake bookings, ie real bookings that will be cancelled after the visa is issued. Costs a little more, but it is hassle-free.






share|improve this answer


















  • 1




    +1, but having flights is not absolutely required: I just got an Chinese visa for entering by train from Mongolia, and it was enough to show a flight to Russia shortly before the entry date and a flight out from Hong Kong.
    – jpatokal
    May 19 at 7:17










  • Thanks! To stay on the safe side, I will buy a plane ticket (I would have to buy some ticket to Vietnam anyway). If I have a flight on 01.09 which arrives to Shanghai on 02.09, can I fly out on 01.10? (it's the 30th day).
    – khernik
    May 19 at 9:01










Your Answer







StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "273"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: false,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);








 

draft saved


draft discarded


















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f115233%2ftourist-visa-to-china-return-ticket%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest






























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes








up vote
6
down vote



accepted










China immigration is really allergic to ground transportation tickets. Non-residents who apply for a Chinese visa in HK (with the intent of crossing on foot into Shenzhen) get denied a visa regularly. You need a flight in and out of China when applying for a visa. Which can be inconvenient...



The usual solution here is to apply for a visa via a travel agency: they make up an itinerary for you, and document it with real fake bookings, ie real bookings that will be cancelled after the visa is issued. Costs a little more, but it is hassle-free.






share|improve this answer


















  • 1




    +1, but having flights is not absolutely required: I just got an Chinese visa for entering by train from Mongolia, and it was enough to show a flight to Russia shortly before the entry date and a flight out from Hong Kong.
    – jpatokal
    May 19 at 7:17










  • Thanks! To stay on the safe side, I will buy a plane ticket (I would have to buy some ticket to Vietnam anyway). If I have a flight on 01.09 which arrives to Shanghai on 02.09, can I fly out on 01.10? (it's the 30th day).
    – khernik
    May 19 at 9:01














up vote
6
down vote



accepted










China immigration is really allergic to ground transportation tickets. Non-residents who apply for a Chinese visa in HK (with the intent of crossing on foot into Shenzhen) get denied a visa regularly. You need a flight in and out of China when applying for a visa. Which can be inconvenient...



The usual solution here is to apply for a visa via a travel agency: they make up an itinerary for you, and document it with real fake bookings, ie real bookings that will be cancelled after the visa is issued. Costs a little more, but it is hassle-free.






share|improve this answer


















  • 1




    +1, but having flights is not absolutely required: I just got an Chinese visa for entering by train from Mongolia, and it was enough to show a flight to Russia shortly before the entry date and a flight out from Hong Kong.
    – jpatokal
    May 19 at 7:17










  • Thanks! To stay on the safe side, I will buy a plane ticket (I would have to buy some ticket to Vietnam anyway). If I have a flight on 01.09 which arrives to Shanghai on 02.09, can I fly out on 01.10? (it's the 30th day).
    – khernik
    May 19 at 9:01












up vote
6
down vote



accepted







up vote
6
down vote



accepted






China immigration is really allergic to ground transportation tickets. Non-residents who apply for a Chinese visa in HK (with the intent of crossing on foot into Shenzhen) get denied a visa regularly. You need a flight in and out of China when applying for a visa. Which can be inconvenient...



The usual solution here is to apply for a visa via a travel agency: they make up an itinerary for you, and document it with real fake bookings, ie real bookings that will be cancelled after the visa is issued. Costs a little more, but it is hassle-free.






share|improve this answer














China immigration is really allergic to ground transportation tickets. Non-residents who apply for a Chinese visa in HK (with the intent of crossing on foot into Shenzhen) get denied a visa regularly. You need a flight in and out of China when applying for a visa. Which can be inconvenient...



The usual solution here is to apply for a visa via a travel agency: they make up an itinerary for you, and document it with real fake bookings, ie real bookings that will be cancelled after the visa is issued. Costs a little more, but it is hassle-free.







share|improve this answer














share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer








edited May 19 at 3:01

























answered May 19 at 2:52









dda

14.4k32850




14.4k32850







  • 1




    +1, but having flights is not absolutely required: I just got an Chinese visa for entering by train from Mongolia, and it was enough to show a flight to Russia shortly before the entry date and a flight out from Hong Kong.
    – jpatokal
    May 19 at 7:17










  • Thanks! To stay on the safe side, I will buy a plane ticket (I would have to buy some ticket to Vietnam anyway). If I have a flight on 01.09 which arrives to Shanghai on 02.09, can I fly out on 01.10? (it's the 30th day).
    – khernik
    May 19 at 9:01












  • 1




    +1, but having flights is not absolutely required: I just got an Chinese visa for entering by train from Mongolia, and it was enough to show a flight to Russia shortly before the entry date and a flight out from Hong Kong.
    – jpatokal
    May 19 at 7:17










  • Thanks! To stay on the safe side, I will buy a plane ticket (I would have to buy some ticket to Vietnam anyway). If I have a flight on 01.09 which arrives to Shanghai on 02.09, can I fly out on 01.10? (it's the 30th day).
    – khernik
    May 19 at 9:01







1




1




+1, but having flights is not absolutely required: I just got an Chinese visa for entering by train from Mongolia, and it was enough to show a flight to Russia shortly before the entry date and a flight out from Hong Kong.
– jpatokal
May 19 at 7:17




+1, but having flights is not absolutely required: I just got an Chinese visa for entering by train from Mongolia, and it was enough to show a flight to Russia shortly before the entry date and a flight out from Hong Kong.
– jpatokal
May 19 at 7:17












Thanks! To stay on the safe side, I will buy a plane ticket (I would have to buy some ticket to Vietnam anyway). If I have a flight on 01.09 which arrives to Shanghai on 02.09, can I fly out on 01.10? (it's the 30th day).
– khernik
May 19 at 9:01




Thanks! To stay on the safe side, I will buy a plane ticket (I would have to buy some ticket to Vietnam anyway). If I have a flight on 01.09 which arrives to Shanghai on 02.09, can I fly out on 01.10? (it's the 30th day).
– khernik
May 19 at 9:01












 

draft saved


draft discarded


























 


draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f115233%2ftourist-visa-to-china-return-ticket%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest














































































Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Malaysia to Papua New Guinea by motorcycle?

PHP code is not being executed, instead code shows on the page