Intranet application architecture with Twilio Messaging App

Intranet application architecture with Twilio Messaging App



I'm currently building an MVC5 app for my company's intranet. An upcoming "feature" may be Appointment Reminders for our clients via Twilio sms service at the start of every day.



Some basic requirements and/or points of (design) contention:



My question is, how do I architect this?



Does this belong in the same solution file as the MVC5 app? My solution file is structured as follows:



My Thoughts



Should I make this feature as a group of class libraries called "MessagingService" that checks the time of day, compiles the list of clients, and sends out the SMS messages?



What if I opt to have a response from the text? I would have to consume the client's response from Twilio via an API. Assuming this, do I add a web API project to this solution in order to consume it? Or do I abstract this "Messaging Service" to another solution file altogether?



You know, after writing all this down and thinking about it, I'm starting to think that this belongs in its own solution. If that is the case, should it be written as web API or a console application?





Hi Peter, I recommend prototyping this out to test your initial assumptions and then reaching out on Stack Overflow if something is broken. This site isn't really intended for discussions about architectural decisions, more for answers for problems you're having. I will say that if you intend to receive incoming messages to your Twilio number in the app then you will need a web component as Twilio delivers those messages to your application by HTTP request.
– philnash
Aug 22 at 5:36









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)