Can anyone control Krishna?

Can anyone control Krishna?



Lord Krishna is self-reliant and believed to depend on no one.



I came across the following statements:



Krishna controls the whole universe and Radha controls Krishna with
love.



I heard from preachings that Krishna cried for Radha also. My doubt is that can anyone control Krishna? Are there any explicit slokas stating that Radha can control Krishna?






God cannot resist devotee's love. Sometimes God is the magnet and the devotee is the needle but other times the situation is reversed, devotee becomes magnet and God becomes the needle.

– Chinmay Sarupria
Sep 15 '18 at 9:26






Krishna always offers himself for his pure devotees.

– Akshay S
Sep 15 '18 at 9:36






Very emotional answers...

– Mr. Sigma.
Sep 22 '18 at 5:36





4 Answers
4



Such Shlokas can be found in scriptures. For example, Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (Bhāgavata Purāṇa) 9.4 has such shlokas (not explicitly for Radha but for all devotees in general):



श्रीभगवानुवाच



अहं भक्तपराधीनो ह्यस्वतन्त्र इव द्विज



साधुभिर्ग्रस्तहृदयो भक्तैर्भक्तजनप्रियः ||०९०४०६३||



The Supreme Personality of Godhead (Lord Nārāyaṇa) said to the brāhmaṇa (Durvāsā Muni): I am completely under the control of My devotees. Indeed, I am not at all independent. Because My devotees are completely devoid of material desires, I sit only within the cores of their hearts. What to speak of My devotee, even those who are devotees of My devotee are very dear to Me.



मयि निर्बद्धहृदयाः साधवः समदर्शनाः



वशे कुर्वन्ति मां भक्त्या सत्स्त्रियः सत्पतिं यथा ||०९०४०६६||



As chaste women bring their gentle husbands under control by service, the pure devotees, who are equal to everyone and completely attached to Me in the core of the heart, bring Me under their full control.



To understand such shlokas in more details, you can read commentaries on them. When you open these shloka link from here, commentaries can be found or you can read commentaries from some other sources.



This is a recurring theme throughout the scriptures. Krishna says in the Uddhava Gita, Chapter 9 (Uddhava Gita is in the 11th book of the Bhagavata), Swami Madhavananda translator:



Neither Brahma, nor Shiva, nor Balarama, nor Lakshmi, nor My own form is so dear to Me as you. [addressing Uddhava, who Krishna says is the supreme devotee of the Lord]



With a view to purifying Myself by the dust of his feet, I always follow the sage who cares for nothing, is calm, bears enmity to none, and is even-minded.



O Uddhava, neither Yoga, nor knowledge, nor piety, nor study, nor austerity, nor renunciation captivates Me so much as a heightened devotion to Me.



And in the Gita (Swami Nikhilananda translator):



VI. 30. He who sees Me everywhere and sees everything in Me, to him I am never lost, nor is he ever lost to Me.



VI. 31. He who having been established in oneness, worships Me dwelling in all beings--that yogi, in whatever way he leads his life, lives in Me.



VII. 17. ...For supremely dear am I to the man of wisdom, and he is dear to Me.



IX. 29. I am the same to all beings; to Me there is none hateful or dear. But those who worship Me with devotion--they are in Me, and I too am in them.



The Lord cannot resist true Bhakti, true love which asks for nothing in return. He is drawn to true love as iron is drawn to a magnet. Thus, as it says in the Uddhava Gita, he follows a true sage in order to get the dust of his feet.



As given in other answers, devotees can control Lord Krishna. A very similar verse which user YDS quoted in answer is also mentioned in Vasudeva Mahatmyam, chapter - 18: The narration of the incarnations of Sri Vasudeva. Vasudeva Mahatmyam is a part of Skanda purana (volume 6).



In this, Lord Krishna tells sage Narada,



You are my intimate devotee with a sincere inner self. Hence, I feel that you are greater than your father Brahma. (60)



Oh, Sage! In whatever form I may be, My supremacy is always known to my intimate devotees. (61)



Good people think of me from within their hearts and, I too think of them, My devotees. They like nothing else other than Me. I have no liking for anything except them. Just as chaste women control their husbands by means of their qualities, so also My devotees control Me by their qualities. (62-63)



In his Stotra-ratna (15), Yāmunācārya praises the Lord as follows:



vasi vadanyo gunavan njuh sucir
mridur dayalur madhurah sthirah samah
kriti kritajnas tvam asi sva-bhavatah
samasta-kalyana-gunamritodadhih



You are naturally controlled by the love of Your devotees, generous, virtuous, straightforward, honest, pure, gentle, merciful, charming, steadfast, equal to all, blissful, wise, and saintly. You are a nectar ocean of all auspicious transcendental qualities.



As this holds true for a devotee in general, it must also hold true for Radha, as She is the topmost devotee of Krishna

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)