Laptop with no battery [duplicate]










8
















This question already has an answer here:



  • Laptop w/o battery US bound flight?

    3 answers



I am traveling from the US to the UK and then to Portugal. Round trip. I have a laptop without a battery, so I am hesitant to bring it as carry-on in the plane because I had troubles already with a laptop not turning on through security.



Is there any problem with sending the laptop in the checked-in luggage? If they open my luggage and they find it, would that be a problem? Could they take it away?










share|improve this question















marked as duplicate by chx, reirab, Giorgio, pnuts, CGCampbell Jan 28 '17 at 3:07


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.















  • Why do you carry a laptop without a battery?

    – DJClayworth
    Jan 27 '17 at 16:39











  • The battery was damaged. I had to remove it. I ordered a battery online but I didn't get it on time for my upcoming trip.

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 16:44











  • You will definitely not be creating any danger by putting the notebook computer in the checked luggage, sans battery. Whether that breaks any rules I will let others answer. Do not bring the bad battery at all.

    – Spehro Pefhany
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:08






  • 1





    You should be allowed to plug it in, if seeing it on is demanded (very unlikely), though you (and fellow passengers) might not have a suitable plug. If damaged while in the hold it is unlikely any airline will accept responsibility. Take it away is extremely unlikely. I used to travel without a battery al the time (just t save weight) and never had an issue carrying it on.

    – pnuts
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:12







  • 2





    @maplemale your comment is perfectly reasonable and thus inapplicable to the TSA.

    – emory
    Jan 27 '17 at 21:31















8
















This question already has an answer here:



  • Laptop w/o battery US bound flight?

    3 answers



I am traveling from the US to the UK and then to Portugal. Round trip. I have a laptop without a battery, so I am hesitant to bring it as carry-on in the plane because I had troubles already with a laptop not turning on through security.



Is there any problem with sending the laptop in the checked-in luggage? If they open my luggage and they find it, would that be a problem? Could they take it away?










share|improve this question















marked as duplicate by chx, reirab, Giorgio, pnuts, CGCampbell Jan 28 '17 at 3:07


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.















  • Why do you carry a laptop without a battery?

    – DJClayworth
    Jan 27 '17 at 16:39











  • The battery was damaged. I had to remove it. I ordered a battery online but I didn't get it on time for my upcoming trip.

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 16:44











  • You will definitely not be creating any danger by putting the notebook computer in the checked luggage, sans battery. Whether that breaks any rules I will let others answer. Do not bring the bad battery at all.

    – Spehro Pefhany
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:08






  • 1





    You should be allowed to plug it in, if seeing it on is demanded (very unlikely), though you (and fellow passengers) might not have a suitable plug. If damaged while in the hold it is unlikely any airline will accept responsibility. Take it away is extremely unlikely. I used to travel without a battery al the time (just t save weight) and never had an issue carrying it on.

    – pnuts
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:12







  • 2





    @maplemale your comment is perfectly reasonable and thus inapplicable to the TSA.

    – emory
    Jan 27 '17 at 21:31













8












8








8


1







This question already has an answer here:



  • Laptop w/o battery US bound flight?

    3 answers



I am traveling from the US to the UK and then to Portugal. Round trip. I have a laptop without a battery, so I am hesitant to bring it as carry-on in the plane because I had troubles already with a laptop not turning on through security.



Is there any problem with sending the laptop in the checked-in luggage? If they open my luggage and they find it, would that be a problem? Could they take it away?










share|improve this question

















This question already has an answer here:



  • Laptop w/o battery US bound flight?

    3 answers



I am traveling from the US to the UK and then to Portugal. Round trip. I have a laptop without a battery, so I am hesitant to bring it as carry-on in the plane because I had troubles already with a laptop not turning on through security.



Is there any problem with sending the laptop in the checked-in luggage? If they open my luggage and they find it, would that be a problem? Could they take it away?





This question already has an answer here:



  • Laptop w/o battery US bound flight?

    3 answers







air-travel luggage airport-security electronic-items






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Jan 27 '17 at 18:20









Kuba

3,88211443




3,88211443










asked Jan 27 '17 at 16:38









diegowcdiegowc

4414




4414




marked as duplicate by chx, reirab, Giorgio, pnuts, CGCampbell Jan 28 '17 at 3:07


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.






marked as duplicate by chx, reirab, Giorgio, pnuts, CGCampbell Jan 28 '17 at 3:07


This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.














  • Why do you carry a laptop without a battery?

    – DJClayworth
    Jan 27 '17 at 16:39











  • The battery was damaged. I had to remove it. I ordered a battery online but I didn't get it on time for my upcoming trip.

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 16:44











  • You will definitely not be creating any danger by putting the notebook computer in the checked luggage, sans battery. Whether that breaks any rules I will let others answer. Do not bring the bad battery at all.

    – Spehro Pefhany
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:08






  • 1





    You should be allowed to plug it in, if seeing it on is demanded (very unlikely), though you (and fellow passengers) might not have a suitable plug. If damaged while in the hold it is unlikely any airline will accept responsibility. Take it away is extremely unlikely. I used to travel without a battery al the time (just t save weight) and never had an issue carrying it on.

    – pnuts
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:12







  • 2





    @maplemale your comment is perfectly reasonable and thus inapplicable to the TSA.

    – emory
    Jan 27 '17 at 21:31

















  • Why do you carry a laptop without a battery?

    – DJClayworth
    Jan 27 '17 at 16:39











  • The battery was damaged. I had to remove it. I ordered a battery online but I didn't get it on time for my upcoming trip.

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 16:44











  • You will definitely not be creating any danger by putting the notebook computer in the checked luggage, sans battery. Whether that breaks any rules I will let others answer. Do not bring the bad battery at all.

    – Spehro Pefhany
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:08






  • 1





    You should be allowed to plug it in, if seeing it on is demanded (very unlikely), though you (and fellow passengers) might not have a suitable plug. If damaged while in the hold it is unlikely any airline will accept responsibility. Take it away is extremely unlikely. I used to travel without a battery al the time (just t save weight) and never had an issue carrying it on.

    – pnuts
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:12







  • 2





    @maplemale your comment is perfectly reasonable and thus inapplicable to the TSA.

    – emory
    Jan 27 '17 at 21:31
















Why do you carry a laptop without a battery?

– DJClayworth
Jan 27 '17 at 16:39





Why do you carry a laptop without a battery?

– DJClayworth
Jan 27 '17 at 16:39













The battery was damaged. I had to remove it. I ordered a battery online but I didn't get it on time for my upcoming trip.

– diegowc
Jan 27 '17 at 16:44





The battery was damaged. I had to remove it. I ordered a battery online but I didn't get it on time for my upcoming trip.

– diegowc
Jan 27 '17 at 16:44













You will definitely not be creating any danger by putting the notebook computer in the checked luggage, sans battery. Whether that breaks any rules I will let others answer. Do not bring the bad battery at all.

– Spehro Pefhany
Jan 27 '17 at 17:08





You will definitely not be creating any danger by putting the notebook computer in the checked luggage, sans battery. Whether that breaks any rules I will let others answer. Do not bring the bad battery at all.

– Spehro Pefhany
Jan 27 '17 at 17:08




1




1





You should be allowed to plug it in, if seeing it on is demanded (very unlikely), though you (and fellow passengers) might not have a suitable plug. If damaged while in the hold it is unlikely any airline will accept responsibility. Take it away is extremely unlikely. I used to travel without a battery al the time (just t save weight) and never had an issue carrying it on.

– pnuts
Jan 27 '17 at 17:12






You should be allowed to plug it in, if seeing it on is demanded (very unlikely), though you (and fellow passengers) might not have a suitable plug. If damaged while in the hold it is unlikely any airline will accept responsibility. Take it away is extremely unlikely. I used to travel without a battery al the time (just t save weight) and never had an issue carrying it on.

– pnuts
Jan 27 '17 at 17:12





2




2





@maplemale your comment is perfectly reasonable and thus inapplicable to the TSA.

– emory
Jan 27 '17 at 21:31





@maplemale your comment is perfectly reasonable and thus inapplicable to the TSA.

– emory
Jan 27 '17 at 21:31










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















8














There is no issue with traveling with a laptop without a battery. Just plug it in if you are asked to demonstrate that it is really working and it isn't a fake laptop. If I were you, I'd rather travel with it as a carry-on luggage to keep it with me. It is certainly safer. And if they have trouble with that, you can check it in as a fallback.






share|improve this answer


















  • 1





    My only problem is that last time through security they didn't just let me plug it in and show that it worked. I had the battery at the time and I had to go outside, charge the battery up, and go through security again

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:53











  • I'd suggest you to take a busy lane. Then they will probably take less time to check these kind of things...

    – Olielo
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:58






  • 1





    @Ollelo that's not a bad idea. I was unlucky last time because I got selected for random extra security... Which meant I had to go through every control possible

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 18:08

















1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









8














There is no issue with traveling with a laptop without a battery. Just plug it in if you are asked to demonstrate that it is really working and it isn't a fake laptop. If I were you, I'd rather travel with it as a carry-on luggage to keep it with me. It is certainly safer. And if they have trouble with that, you can check it in as a fallback.






share|improve this answer


















  • 1





    My only problem is that last time through security they didn't just let me plug it in and show that it worked. I had the battery at the time and I had to go outside, charge the battery up, and go through security again

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:53











  • I'd suggest you to take a busy lane. Then they will probably take less time to check these kind of things...

    – Olielo
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:58






  • 1





    @Ollelo that's not a bad idea. I was unlucky last time because I got selected for random extra security... Which meant I had to go through every control possible

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 18:08















8














There is no issue with traveling with a laptop without a battery. Just plug it in if you are asked to demonstrate that it is really working and it isn't a fake laptop. If I were you, I'd rather travel with it as a carry-on luggage to keep it with me. It is certainly safer. And if they have trouble with that, you can check it in as a fallback.






share|improve this answer


















  • 1





    My only problem is that last time through security they didn't just let me plug it in and show that it worked. I had the battery at the time and I had to go outside, charge the battery up, and go through security again

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:53











  • I'd suggest you to take a busy lane. Then they will probably take less time to check these kind of things...

    – Olielo
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:58






  • 1





    @Ollelo that's not a bad idea. I was unlucky last time because I got selected for random extra security... Which meant I had to go through every control possible

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 18:08













8












8








8







There is no issue with traveling with a laptop without a battery. Just plug it in if you are asked to demonstrate that it is really working and it isn't a fake laptop. If I were you, I'd rather travel with it as a carry-on luggage to keep it with me. It is certainly safer. And if they have trouble with that, you can check it in as a fallback.






share|improve this answer













There is no issue with traveling with a laptop without a battery. Just plug it in if you are asked to demonstrate that it is really working and it isn't a fake laptop. If I were you, I'd rather travel with it as a carry-on luggage to keep it with me. It is certainly safer. And if they have trouble with that, you can check it in as a fallback.







share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered Jan 27 '17 at 17:15









OlieloOlielo

5,98541836




5,98541836







  • 1





    My only problem is that last time through security they didn't just let me plug it in and show that it worked. I had the battery at the time and I had to go outside, charge the battery up, and go through security again

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:53











  • I'd suggest you to take a busy lane. Then they will probably take less time to check these kind of things...

    – Olielo
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:58






  • 1





    @Ollelo that's not a bad idea. I was unlucky last time because I got selected for random extra security... Which meant I had to go through every control possible

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 18:08












  • 1





    My only problem is that last time through security they didn't just let me plug it in and show that it worked. I had the battery at the time and I had to go outside, charge the battery up, and go through security again

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:53











  • I'd suggest you to take a busy lane. Then they will probably take less time to check these kind of things...

    – Olielo
    Jan 27 '17 at 17:58






  • 1





    @Ollelo that's not a bad idea. I was unlucky last time because I got selected for random extra security... Which meant I had to go through every control possible

    – diegowc
    Jan 27 '17 at 18:08







1




1





My only problem is that last time through security they didn't just let me plug it in and show that it worked. I had the battery at the time and I had to go outside, charge the battery up, and go through security again

– diegowc
Jan 27 '17 at 17:53





My only problem is that last time through security they didn't just let me plug it in and show that it worked. I had the battery at the time and I had to go outside, charge the battery up, and go through security again

– diegowc
Jan 27 '17 at 17:53













I'd suggest you to take a busy lane. Then they will probably take less time to check these kind of things...

– Olielo
Jan 27 '17 at 17:58





I'd suggest you to take a busy lane. Then they will probably take less time to check these kind of things...

– Olielo
Jan 27 '17 at 17:58




1




1





@Ollelo that's not a bad idea. I was unlucky last time because I got selected for random extra security... Which meant I had to go through every control possible

– diegowc
Jan 27 '17 at 18:08





@Ollelo that's not a bad idea. I was unlucky last time because I got selected for random extra security... Which meant I had to go through every control possible

– diegowc
Jan 27 '17 at 18:08



Popular posts from this blog

Malaysia to Papua New Guinea by motorcycle?

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

PHP code is not being executed, instead code shows on the page