How to run a tensorflow program on an EC2 instance while staying in the free tier

How to run a tensorflow program on an EC2 instance while staying in the free tier



I've attempted to setup an EC2 instance so I can run my Tensorflow script. However, I've noticed that I cannot setup the instance with a storage space of < 75 GiB.


Tensorflow


< 75


GiB



This is the error message I get...



Launch Failed



Volume of size 30GB is smaller than snapshot 'snap-030808799cdf9332b', expect size >= 75GB



Everything is within the free tier range except the storage space. It is only free tier for the storage space if it is set to < 30 GiB.


< 30


GiB



I am running the following AMI which is free tier...


AMI


Deep Learning AMI (Ubuntu) Version 12.0 - ami-d1c9cdae



My instance type is t2.micro which is also free tier.


t2.micro



Everything is free tier except for my storage space due to the space needed for my snapshot. I cannot change the snapshot so I am forced to go outside of the free tier.



Is there any work around to this? Is there anyway I can run Tensorflow without having to pay for it?


Tensorflow




1 Answer
1



AWS Snapshots cannot be restored to an EBS volume smaller then the snapshot. You can restore to a larger EBS volume.



Your option is to use a standard Linux AMI such as Amazon Linux 2, Ubuntu, etc. and then install Tensorflow yourself. If you are learning Tensorflow, I recommend going thru the process of installation and configuration.





This makes sense, I'm familiar with Tensorflow but have never used AWS or anything similar.
– Bolboa
Aug 23 at 2:22






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)