cd command in python

cd command in python



I am new to python and



I am trying to test syntaxnet in python using this github repo.



and in the section "how to run the parser" is as following :



through some research, I understood that first one indicates that I need to install the syntaxnet package in my cmd so I did and the package was successfully installed.
but I don't understand how to perform the second one
what does cd do, and where and how should I use it?



also in main.py,


from my_parser_eval import SyntaxNetProcess
from my_parser_eval import _write_input
from my_parser_eval import _read_output
from my_parser_eval import pretty_print



eclipse cannot find those imports, even after I created a package/module named my_parser_eval that includes all necessary codes from the reference


my_parser_eval





it should read cd syntaxnet. And it's not a programming question.
– mvp
Aug 27 at 8:14


cd syntaxnet





@Jean-FrançoisFabre cd itself just changes into the $HOME dir of the current user. pwd prints the current dir ;)
– hellow
Aug 27 at 8:20


cd


$HOME


pwd





@Jean-FrançoisFabre Be aware the cd isn't blank, there is code after it, that isn's SO markdown friendly.
– Fabian N.
Aug 27 at 8:21






If you look at the instructions in the repo again, the correct step is: cd <syntaxnet-git-clone-directory>. cd <path> is useful for navigating between directories using the terminal/command prompt. You should look at some cmd basics before you dig deeper into Python.
– aayush
Aug 27 at 8:23



cd <syntaxnet-git-clone-directory>


cd <path>





aaaah yes it's on windows. My bad.
– Jean-François Fabre
Aug 27 at 8:25




1 Answer
1



The CD command means Change Directory.



Once you have finished cloning Syntaxnet Github Repository, you should enter its directory. That's why you have to enter CD command.



But have in mind that CD takes one parameter - the directory you want to enter.



In order to solve your problem you must write cd syntaxnet resulting in:


cd syntaxnet


git clone https://github.com/spoddutur/syntaxnet.git
cd syntaxnet
python main.py



First command:



First commmand



Second command



Second command





thank you. I thought I had to use it in IDE like eclipse so I have been trying to use it in Pydev of eclipse. so I just managed to run it but original main.py has syntax errors, I have been trying to solve errors but I just keep getting different erros as I revise the code. can you shortly take a look and explain why it does not work? I at least tried adding parenthesis to the codes that lack it and still does not work with the error " inconsistent use of tabs and spaces"
– Hayden Kuk
Aug 27 at 8:36







By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)