Angular - Add a sidebar to a dashboard parent module

Angular - Add a sidebar to a dashboard parent module



I built a dashboard parent module which contains 2 submodules : usersModule and statsModule



I would like to display a sidebar inside the parent module to navigate accross submodules but I want to avoid calling the sidebar in every module. What is the best way to do that ?



structure



here is what i got so far


# dashboardModule
statsModule
containers
components
usersModule
containers
components
sharedModule
services
guards
pipes
// other stuff
# homeModule
# eventsModule



thanks




1 Answer
1



I personally used the Material2 sidenav in my Angular2 project for this purpose, worked great.



https://material.angular.io/components/sidenav/overview



** guess I should expand**
I used it as a "wrapper" div in my parent component that called all my child components from within that wrapper.



so in my case I had a "sidenav" component that was my parent and all other child components were called/rendered within that view.



code example


<mat-sidenav-container>
<mat-sidenav>
</mat-sidenav>
<Component-selector></Component-selector>
//or you can place your router outlet here if your using a router
<router-outlet></router-outlet>
</mat-sidenav-container>



here is image of how I structure my project.
enter image description here





hum thanks but its all about architecture, i would like to know how to structure my module to show this navbar across all submodules
– angularWannabe
Aug 31 at 13:12





do you have a github link or? because i don't understand how you could put a module inside a component
– angularWannabe
Aug 31 at 13:26





see revised code example. Well i refer to all of my Angular 2 items as a component... this may be a miscommunication on my part of using the wrong terms. see code example above, hoping that illustrates further how I did this.
– Marshal
Aug 31 at 13:30





Here is a link with more information on modules and using the router with them that may help as well. malcoded.com/posts/angular-fundamentals-modules
– Marshal
Aug 31 at 13:41





my structure looks like this github.com/UltimateAngular/angular-pro-app-seed/tree/… so i could not add a shared navbar here ?
– angularWannabe
Aug 31 at 13:46



Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Some of your past answers have not been well-received, and you're in danger of being blocked from answering.



Please pay close attention to the following guidance:



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)