Visual Studio Mac Doesn't Recognize Chrome Driver in Path

Visual Studio Mac Doesn't Recognize Chrome Driver in Path



I'm new to using C# for Selenium WebDriver. I come from a background using Java and Python on Windows. So I'm also new to OSX, Visual Studio and C#. I've started a project with .NET Application Console, added Selenium packages to NuGet, and downloaded/added ChromeDriver to project path. I'm baffled to as why I'm getting this error.


OpenQA.Selenium.DriverServiceNotFoundException has been thrown

"The chromedriver file does not exist in the current directory or in a
directory on the PATH environment variable. The driver can be
downloaded at https://chromedriver.storage.googleapis.com/
index.html."



Working with
Visual Studio 7.5 (build 1254)
macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4



I've also added Chrome Driver path to bash_profile too.



Any help is appreciated. If more information is needed, I won't hesitate to provide :) Thanks!



IDE



Path




2 Answers
2



You have to put ChromeDriver.exe file inside bin/debug folder.



Further installing instructions at https://www.kenst.com/2015/03/installing-chromedriver-on-mac-osx/






I've added ChromeDriver.exe file to bin debug/folder, save, ran the script and still getting same issue. I've also restarted Visual Studio and re ran the script and still getting same issue.

– Paul Laguna
May 16 '18 at 14:47







Could you add this code and see IWebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(@"C:mypathtochromedriverdirectory");

– Prany
May 16 '18 at 14:57






Might help you: utest.com/articles/…

– Zhivko.Kostadinov
May 16 '18 at 15:05






@Prany I've added the whole path to where my chrome driver is located as you've suggested, but still getting same error from Visual Studio Mac. For some reason the error says that the chrome driver doesn't exist there but I have it there. I have the "chromedriver" (for mac) and "chromedriver.exe" (for windows). I'm using a Mac.

– Paul Laguna
May 16 '18 at 15:12






@PaulLaguna : Oh! It might help. kenst.com/2015/03/installing-chromedriver-on-mac-osx

– Prany
May 16 '18 at 15:16



I was having the same problem trying to use $PATH in Visual Studio for Mac. My $PATH was configured from within ~/.bash_profile. I was able to use chromedriver from Rider IDE just fine reading the $PATH but not Visual Studio for Mac. Restarted VS and rebooted the machine with no luck.


$PATH


$PATH


~/.bash_profile


$PATH



Finally, I had to drop the chromedriver executable into the solution bin/TEST folder because I was running a TEST configuration. So if bin/debug doesn't work for you, you might try bin/DEV or bin/TEST etc...


bin/TEST


bin/debug


bin/DEV


bin/TEST



Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!



But avoid



To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.



Required, but never shown



Required, but never shown




By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)