Travelling in Economy (Low Fare) on Norwegian between US and Italy



.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;







up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I am thinking about trying Norwegian from New York to Rome.
What are your experience in terms of how comfortable the flight is? Is it really cramped?
Regarding the meals, I see on this page that you need to pre-order your meal. Is there a price list anywhere? Are you allowed to bring your own food?



Main question I want an answer for: Do "Low Fare" passengers need to pay for meals? If so, is there a price list anywhere?







share|improve this question






















  • One question at the time please. Your first question ("is it comfortable") is off-topic for this site because it's completely subjective. You're always allowed to bring your own food (with some limits, you may get into trouble trying to eat durian or surströmming).
    – gerrit
    Apr 8 at 8:54










  • @gerrit Thank you for the comment. I edited my question.
    – user
    Apr 8 at 13:20











  • From what I understand, Norwegian is an ultra-low-cost airline, and thus charges for absolutely everything when you buy their lowest fares.
    – Jim MacKenzie
    Apr 8 at 14:23










  • Recent experience with Norwegian (737-800, BUD-ARN) on Ultra-Low cost: Free wifi, comfortable leg space (I'm 180cm), felt roomier than Ryanair, I could even stretch my legs which isn't always the case with Ryanair. I would pick them over Ryanair, and with the free Wifi, I'd even pick them over some non-ultra-low-cost carriers. KLM etc will obviously have better comfort though. Food and drinks are extra.
    – Bertware
    Apr 8 at 20:27
















up vote
1
down vote

favorite












I am thinking about trying Norwegian from New York to Rome.
What are your experience in terms of how comfortable the flight is? Is it really cramped?
Regarding the meals, I see on this page that you need to pre-order your meal. Is there a price list anywhere? Are you allowed to bring your own food?



Main question I want an answer for: Do "Low Fare" passengers need to pay for meals? If so, is there a price list anywhere?







share|improve this question






















  • One question at the time please. Your first question ("is it comfortable") is off-topic for this site because it's completely subjective. You're always allowed to bring your own food (with some limits, you may get into trouble trying to eat durian or surströmming).
    – gerrit
    Apr 8 at 8:54










  • @gerrit Thank you for the comment. I edited my question.
    – user
    Apr 8 at 13:20











  • From what I understand, Norwegian is an ultra-low-cost airline, and thus charges for absolutely everything when you buy their lowest fares.
    – Jim MacKenzie
    Apr 8 at 14:23










  • Recent experience with Norwegian (737-800, BUD-ARN) on Ultra-Low cost: Free wifi, comfortable leg space (I'm 180cm), felt roomier than Ryanair, I could even stretch my legs which isn't always the case with Ryanair. I would pick them over Ryanair, and with the free Wifi, I'd even pick them over some non-ultra-low-cost carriers. KLM etc will obviously have better comfort though. Food and drinks are extra.
    – Bertware
    Apr 8 at 20:27












up vote
1
down vote

favorite









up vote
1
down vote

favorite











I am thinking about trying Norwegian from New York to Rome.
What are your experience in terms of how comfortable the flight is? Is it really cramped?
Regarding the meals, I see on this page that you need to pre-order your meal. Is there a price list anywhere? Are you allowed to bring your own food?



Main question I want an answer for: Do "Low Fare" passengers need to pay for meals? If so, is there a price list anywhere?







share|improve this question














I am thinking about trying Norwegian from New York to Rome.
What are your experience in terms of how comfortable the flight is? Is it really cramped?
Regarding the meals, I see on this page that you need to pre-order your meal. Is there a price list anywhere? Are you allowed to bring your own food?



Main question I want an answer for: Do "Low Fare" passengers need to pay for meals? If so, is there a price list anywhere?









share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Apr 8 at 13:19

























asked Apr 8 at 2:10









user

363210




363210











  • One question at the time please. Your first question ("is it comfortable") is off-topic for this site because it's completely subjective. You're always allowed to bring your own food (with some limits, you may get into trouble trying to eat durian or surströmming).
    – gerrit
    Apr 8 at 8:54










  • @gerrit Thank you for the comment. I edited my question.
    – user
    Apr 8 at 13:20











  • From what I understand, Norwegian is an ultra-low-cost airline, and thus charges for absolutely everything when you buy their lowest fares.
    – Jim MacKenzie
    Apr 8 at 14:23










  • Recent experience with Norwegian (737-800, BUD-ARN) on Ultra-Low cost: Free wifi, comfortable leg space (I'm 180cm), felt roomier than Ryanair, I could even stretch my legs which isn't always the case with Ryanair. I would pick them over Ryanair, and with the free Wifi, I'd even pick them over some non-ultra-low-cost carriers. KLM etc will obviously have better comfort though. Food and drinks are extra.
    – Bertware
    Apr 8 at 20:27
















  • One question at the time please. Your first question ("is it comfortable") is off-topic for this site because it's completely subjective. You're always allowed to bring your own food (with some limits, you may get into trouble trying to eat durian or surströmming).
    – gerrit
    Apr 8 at 8:54










  • @gerrit Thank you for the comment. I edited my question.
    – user
    Apr 8 at 13:20











  • From what I understand, Norwegian is an ultra-low-cost airline, and thus charges for absolutely everything when you buy their lowest fares.
    – Jim MacKenzie
    Apr 8 at 14:23










  • Recent experience with Norwegian (737-800, BUD-ARN) on Ultra-Low cost: Free wifi, comfortable leg space (I'm 180cm), felt roomier than Ryanair, I could even stretch my legs which isn't always the case with Ryanair. I would pick them over Ryanair, and with the free Wifi, I'd even pick them over some non-ultra-low-cost carriers. KLM etc will obviously have better comfort though. Food and drinks are extra.
    – Bertware
    Apr 8 at 20:27















One question at the time please. Your first question ("is it comfortable") is off-topic for this site because it's completely subjective. You're always allowed to bring your own food (with some limits, you may get into trouble trying to eat durian or surströmming).
– gerrit
Apr 8 at 8:54




One question at the time please. Your first question ("is it comfortable") is off-topic for this site because it's completely subjective. You're always allowed to bring your own food (with some limits, you may get into trouble trying to eat durian or surströmming).
– gerrit
Apr 8 at 8:54












@gerrit Thank you for the comment. I edited my question.
– user
Apr 8 at 13:20





@gerrit Thank you for the comment. I edited my question.
– user
Apr 8 at 13:20













From what I understand, Norwegian is an ultra-low-cost airline, and thus charges for absolutely everything when you buy their lowest fares.
– Jim MacKenzie
Apr 8 at 14:23




From what I understand, Norwegian is an ultra-low-cost airline, and thus charges for absolutely everything when you buy their lowest fares.
– Jim MacKenzie
Apr 8 at 14:23












Recent experience with Norwegian (737-800, BUD-ARN) on Ultra-Low cost: Free wifi, comfortable leg space (I'm 180cm), felt roomier than Ryanair, I could even stretch my legs which isn't always the case with Ryanair. I would pick them over Ryanair, and with the free Wifi, I'd even pick them over some non-ultra-low-cost carriers. KLM etc will obviously have better comfort though. Food and drinks are extra.
– Bertware
Apr 8 at 20:27




Recent experience with Norwegian (737-800, BUD-ARN) on Ultra-Low cost: Free wifi, comfortable leg space (I'm 180cm), felt roomier than Ryanair, I could even stretch my legs which isn't always the case with Ryanair. I would pick them over Ryanair, and with the free Wifi, I'd even pick them over some non-ultra-low-cost carriers. KLM etc will obviously have better comfort though. Food and drinks are extra.
– Bertware
Apr 8 at 20:27










2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes

















up vote
4
down vote













While the Economy menu is specifically included for LowFare+ and Flex tickets, it's only available via pre-order for LowFare.



From https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/




LowFare



If you're flying on a LowFare ticket, our Economy menu is available to
pre-order. Keep in mind that pre-ordering your meal must be done at
least 72 hours prior to departure. Don't feel like having a full meal
on board? The snack bar is open between servings, so you won't go
hungry.



LowFare+ and Flex



If you've booked a LowFare+ or Flex ticket, the Economy menu is
included for your flight.




https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/



There's a price list for pre-ordered meals as well as individual snacks and drinks on the Optional service charges page here.



https://www.norwegian.com/us/booking/booking-information/optional-charges/




International long haul



Pre-ordered meals - LowFare tickets



  • 45 USD per person, each way

Snacks and drinks on board



Light meals, snacks and drinks are available for purchase on board
most flights. Onboard purchases may be charged in a different currency
than stated below. Prices may change without notice.



  • Non-alcoholic drinks: 4 - 5 USD

  • Alcoholic drinks: 7 - 15 USD

  • Snacks: 4 - 8 USD

  • Fresh food: 10 - 11 USD



The Economy menu is described here at Norwegian's site here:



https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/




First service



  • A cold pasta/salad starter

  • For the main course you’ll get either a meat or fish dish with vegetables and potatoes or rice

  • The meal is rounded off with a dessert

  • Coffee/tea is served after the meal

Second service



  • A snack bag which includes a sandwich, a sweet or savoury treat and a juice box






share|improve this answer
















  • 2




    I know the point is to get you to buy a more expensive fare or bring your own food, but $45 is a truly incredible price for an airline meal.
    – Zach Lipton
    Apr 8 at 18:14

















up vote
2
down vote













As of early 2018, the Norwegian 787's were pretty nice, with more leg room than most economy airlines. Seatguru shows the seat pitch is 31-32 and width is 17.2. You can find the airports served by Norwegian 787's on their website, which includes New York-Rome. I brought my own food.



I also flew Norwegian between other airports not on that list, on a 737 with less leg room (seat pitch 29-31).






share|improve this answer




















    Your Answer







    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "273"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    convertImagesToLinks: false,
    noModals: false,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: null,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    noCode: true, onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













     

    draft saved


    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f112663%2ftravelling-in-economy-low-fare-on-norwegian-between-us-and-italy%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest






























    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes








    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes








    up vote
    4
    down vote













    While the Economy menu is specifically included for LowFare+ and Flex tickets, it's only available via pre-order for LowFare.



    From https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/




    LowFare



    If you're flying on a LowFare ticket, our Economy menu is available to
    pre-order. Keep in mind that pre-ordering your meal must be done at
    least 72 hours prior to departure. Don't feel like having a full meal
    on board? The snack bar is open between servings, so you won't go
    hungry.



    LowFare+ and Flex



    If you've booked a LowFare+ or Flex ticket, the Economy menu is
    included for your flight.




    https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/



    There's a price list for pre-ordered meals as well as individual snacks and drinks on the Optional service charges page here.



    https://www.norwegian.com/us/booking/booking-information/optional-charges/




    International long haul



    Pre-ordered meals - LowFare tickets



    • 45 USD per person, each way

    Snacks and drinks on board



    Light meals, snacks and drinks are available for purchase on board
    most flights. Onboard purchases may be charged in a different currency
    than stated below. Prices may change without notice.



    • Non-alcoholic drinks: 4 - 5 USD

    • Alcoholic drinks: 7 - 15 USD

    • Snacks: 4 - 8 USD

    • Fresh food: 10 - 11 USD



    The Economy menu is described here at Norwegian's site here:



    https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/




    First service



    • A cold pasta/salad starter

    • For the main course you’ll get either a meat or fish dish with vegetables and potatoes or rice

    • The meal is rounded off with a dessert

    • Coffee/tea is served after the meal

    Second service



    • A snack bag which includes a sandwich, a sweet or savoury treat and a juice box






    share|improve this answer
















    • 2




      I know the point is to get you to buy a more expensive fare or bring your own food, but $45 is a truly incredible price for an airline meal.
      – Zach Lipton
      Apr 8 at 18:14














    up vote
    4
    down vote













    While the Economy menu is specifically included for LowFare+ and Flex tickets, it's only available via pre-order for LowFare.



    From https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/




    LowFare



    If you're flying on a LowFare ticket, our Economy menu is available to
    pre-order. Keep in mind that pre-ordering your meal must be done at
    least 72 hours prior to departure. Don't feel like having a full meal
    on board? The snack bar is open between servings, so you won't go
    hungry.



    LowFare+ and Flex



    If you've booked a LowFare+ or Flex ticket, the Economy menu is
    included for your flight.




    https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/



    There's a price list for pre-ordered meals as well as individual snacks and drinks on the Optional service charges page here.



    https://www.norwegian.com/us/booking/booking-information/optional-charges/




    International long haul



    Pre-ordered meals - LowFare tickets



    • 45 USD per person, each way

    Snacks and drinks on board



    Light meals, snacks and drinks are available for purchase on board
    most flights. Onboard purchases may be charged in a different currency
    than stated below. Prices may change without notice.



    • Non-alcoholic drinks: 4 - 5 USD

    • Alcoholic drinks: 7 - 15 USD

    • Snacks: 4 - 8 USD

    • Fresh food: 10 - 11 USD



    The Economy menu is described here at Norwegian's site here:



    https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/




    First service



    • A cold pasta/salad starter

    • For the main course you’ll get either a meat or fish dish with vegetables and potatoes or rice

    • The meal is rounded off with a dessert

    • Coffee/tea is served after the meal

    Second service



    • A snack bag which includes a sandwich, a sweet or savoury treat and a juice box






    share|improve this answer
















    • 2




      I know the point is to get you to buy a more expensive fare or bring your own food, but $45 is a truly incredible price for an airline meal.
      – Zach Lipton
      Apr 8 at 18:14












    up vote
    4
    down vote










    up vote
    4
    down vote









    While the Economy menu is specifically included for LowFare+ and Flex tickets, it's only available via pre-order for LowFare.



    From https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/




    LowFare



    If you're flying on a LowFare ticket, our Economy menu is available to
    pre-order. Keep in mind that pre-ordering your meal must be done at
    least 72 hours prior to departure. Don't feel like having a full meal
    on board? The snack bar is open between servings, so you won't go
    hungry.



    LowFare+ and Flex



    If you've booked a LowFare+ or Flex ticket, the Economy menu is
    included for your flight.




    https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/



    There's a price list for pre-ordered meals as well as individual snacks and drinks on the Optional service charges page here.



    https://www.norwegian.com/us/booking/booking-information/optional-charges/




    International long haul



    Pre-ordered meals - LowFare tickets



    • 45 USD per person, each way

    Snacks and drinks on board



    Light meals, snacks and drinks are available for purchase on board
    most flights. Onboard purchases may be charged in a different currency
    than stated below. Prices may change without notice.



    • Non-alcoholic drinks: 4 - 5 USD

    • Alcoholic drinks: 7 - 15 USD

    • Snacks: 4 - 8 USD

    • Fresh food: 10 - 11 USD



    The Economy menu is described here at Norwegian's site here:



    https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/




    First service



    • A cold pasta/salad starter

    • For the main course you’ll get either a meat or fish dish with vegetables and potatoes or rice

    • The meal is rounded off with a dessert

    • Coffee/tea is served after the meal

    Second service



    • A snack bag which includes a sandwich, a sweet or savoury treat and a juice box






    share|improve this answer












    While the Economy menu is specifically included for LowFare+ and Flex tickets, it's only available via pre-order for LowFare.



    From https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/




    LowFare



    If you're flying on a LowFare ticket, our Economy menu is available to
    pre-order. Keep in mind that pre-ordering your meal must be done at
    least 72 hours prior to departure. Don't feel like having a full meal
    on board? The snack bar is open between servings, so you won't go
    hungry.



    LowFare+ and Flex



    If you've booked a LowFare+ or Flex ticket, the Economy menu is
    included for your flight.




    https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/



    There's a price list for pre-ordered meals as well as individual snacks and drinks on the Optional service charges page here.



    https://www.norwegian.com/us/booking/booking-information/optional-charges/




    International long haul



    Pre-ordered meals - LowFare tickets



    • 45 USD per person, each way

    Snacks and drinks on board



    Light meals, snacks and drinks are available for purchase on board
    most flights. Onboard purchases may be charged in a different currency
    than stated below. Prices may change without notice.



    • Non-alcoholic drinks: 4 - 5 USD

    • Alcoholic drinks: 7 - 15 USD

    • Snacks: 4 - 8 USD

    • Fresh food: 10 - 11 USD



    The Economy menu is described here at Norwegian's site here:



    https://www.norwegian.com/us/travel-info/on-board/food-and-drinks/international-long-haul-flights/




    First service



    • A cold pasta/salad starter

    • For the main course you’ll get either a meat or fish dish with vegetables and potatoes or rice

    • The meal is rounded off with a dessert

    • Coffee/tea is served after the meal

    Second service



    • A snack bag which includes a sandwich, a sweet or savoury treat and a juice box







    share|improve this answer












    share|improve this answer



    share|improve this answer










    answered Apr 8 at 14:19









    ellinora

    36819




    36819







    • 2




      I know the point is to get you to buy a more expensive fare or bring your own food, but $45 is a truly incredible price for an airline meal.
      – Zach Lipton
      Apr 8 at 18:14












    • 2




      I know the point is to get you to buy a more expensive fare or bring your own food, but $45 is a truly incredible price for an airline meal.
      – Zach Lipton
      Apr 8 at 18:14







    2




    2




    I know the point is to get you to buy a more expensive fare or bring your own food, but $45 is a truly incredible price for an airline meal.
    – Zach Lipton
    Apr 8 at 18:14




    I know the point is to get you to buy a more expensive fare or bring your own food, but $45 is a truly incredible price for an airline meal.
    – Zach Lipton
    Apr 8 at 18:14












    up vote
    2
    down vote













    As of early 2018, the Norwegian 787's were pretty nice, with more leg room than most economy airlines. Seatguru shows the seat pitch is 31-32 and width is 17.2. You can find the airports served by Norwegian 787's on their website, which includes New York-Rome. I brought my own food.



    I also flew Norwegian between other airports not on that list, on a 737 with less leg room (seat pitch 29-31).






    share|improve this answer
























      up vote
      2
      down vote













      As of early 2018, the Norwegian 787's were pretty nice, with more leg room than most economy airlines. Seatguru shows the seat pitch is 31-32 and width is 17.2. You can find the airports served by Norwegian 787's on their website, which includes New York-Rome. I brought my own food.



      I also flew Norwegian between other airports not on that list, on a 737 with less leg room (seat pitch 29-31).






      share|improve this answer






















        up vote
        2
        down vote










        up vote
        2
        down vote









        As of early 2018, the Norwegian 787's were pretty nice, with more leg room than most economy airlines. Seatguru shows the seat pitch is 31-32 and width is 17.2. You can find the airports served by Norwegian 787's on their website, which includes New York-Rome. I brought my own food.



        I also flew Norwegian between other airports not on that list, on a 737 with less leg room (seat pitch 29-31).






        share|improve this answer












        As of early 2018, the Norwegian 787's were pretty nice, with more leg room than most economy airlines. Seatguru shows the seat pitch is 31-32 and width is 17.2. You can find the airports served by Norwegian 787's on their website, which includes New York-Rome. I brought my own food.



        I also flew Norwegian between other airports not on that list, on a 737 with less leg room (seat pitch 29-31).







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Apr 8 at 19:40









        krubo

        2,279420




        2,279420



























             

            draft saved


            draft discarded















































             


            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2ftravel.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f112663%2ftravelling-in-economy-low-fare-on-norwegian-between-us-and-italy%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest














































































            Popular posts from this blog

            𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

            Malaysia to Papua New Guinea by motorcycle?

            PHP code is not being executed, instead code shows on the page