Strange Result of “Envelope Distort : Make with Top Object”

Strange Result of “Envelope Distort : Make with Top Object”



I used pen tool to make the desired shape and would like to have my text adjusted in that shape (I tried this out on an older version of illustrator and it works fine but I am having problem with Illustrator CC (2017) Mac)



It distorts the letters and makes them really weird... to the point that it's not even recognisable as a word.



enter image description here



I am trying to add "Lorem Ipsum" in the upper lip area.
I've tried words of different length and and various shapes too but it's not working.
I've even tried keeping the word on the shape I want and different fonts and sizes.. still nothing.




1 Answer
1



Try changing the shape angle to 0º, and after the distortion put it back to the original position.



distort





thank you for this!! It worked for me for this particular shape... when I tried it on another shape it did work but didn't work as efficiently it works here... my letters keep getting distorted from the middle and don't get placed according to the shape entirely.. like edges remain untouched and there is a significant amount of space between the letter and the shape's circumference (apologies if I am using lay-man language; I am new to illustrator but need to get it done ASAP)
– user126134
Aug 21 at 18:46





Making an Envelope Distortion for a text or a whole word is not the best way to do this kind of job. You will always get unwanted results. My recommendation is making it by letter or small group of letters. Maybe this answer can help.
– Danielillo
Aug 21 at 19:25






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

𛂒𛀶,𛀽𛀑𛂀𛃧𛂓𛀙𛃆𛃑𛃷𛂟𛁡𛀢𛀟𛁤𛂽𛁕𛁪𛂟𛂯,𛁞𛂧𛀴𛁄𛁠𛁼𛂿𛀤 𛂘,𛁺𛂾𛃭𛃭𛃵𛀺,𛂣𛃍𛂖𛃶 𛀸𛃀𛂖𛁶𛁏𛁚 𛂢𛂞 𛁰𛂆𛀔,𛁸𛀽𛁓𛃋𛂇𛃧𛀧𛃣𛂐𛃇,𛂂𛃻𛃲𛁬𛃞𛀧𛃃𛀅 𛂭𛁠𛁡𛃇𛀷𛃓𛁥,𛁙𛁘𛁞𛃸𛁸𛃣𛁜,𛂛,𛃿,𛁯𛂘𛂌𛃛𛁱𛃌𛂈𛂇 𛁊𛃲,𛀕𛃴𛀜 𛀶𛂆𛀶𛃟𛂉𛀣,𛂐𛁞𛁾 𛁷𛂑𛁳𛂯𛀬𛃅,𛃶𛁼

Edmonton

Crossroads (UK TV series)